Am I a liberal Republican or a conservative Democrat? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 08:52:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Am I a liberal Republican or a conservative Democrat? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Am I a liberal Republican or a conservative Democrat?  (Read 2086 times)
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: June 18, 2014, 11:41:27 AM »

Conservative Democrat, obviously. You could have fit into the GOP 15-20 years ago, but nowadays they shun people that are even to your right. Welcome to the tent.

In IL his views would fit in fine with the GOP today, particularly in suburban Chicago. Tongue
There are hardly any of those Republicans left in suburban Chicago.  They've been joining the Dems in droves since Clinton's election.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 04:42:39 PM »

Conservative Democrat, obviously. You could have fit into the GOP 15-20 years ago, but nowadays they shun people that are even to your right. Welcome to the tent.

In IL his views would fit in fine with the GOP today, particularly in suburban Chicago. Tongue
There are hardly any of those Republicans left in suburban Chicago.  They've been joining the Dems in droves since Clinton's election.

I would strongly disagree overall, though I agree many of them voted for Clinton and Obama, they didn't like Kerry in 2004 and Bush got their vote. Even today there are still lots of those Pubs in my area. They are in local offices and they make up a lot of voters. Mark Kirk tapped into them in 2010 and so far it looks like Rauner intends to use them in this year's election for Gov.
Then why did Kerry take Illinois by such a wide margin?  And, for that matter, why did Gore as well?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies