WV-03: Williams out (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:26:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WV-03: Williams out (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WV-03: Williams out  (Read 10079 times)
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« on: January 22, 2018, 08:13:00 PM »

YES!!!
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 08:59:59 PM »

Ojeda cannot win in R+23 territory.

He is a strong candidate, but R+23 is just too much for him to beat.

In an open race in an ancestrally Democrat area with a great candidate during a likely wave with Joe Manchin likely to carry this CD at the top of the ticket, it's not far fetched to see him winning.

(don't tell this to IceSpear)

YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 09:02:24 PM »

Ojeda cannot win in R+23 territory.

He is a strong candidate, but R+23 is just too much for him to beat.

Manchin is going to be winning WV-03 by 10+ points...

WV-03: R+23
WV-01: R+19
WV-02: R+17

and Manchin (D) will perform best in the most Republican District in the state?

Look at the 2016 Governor races results, where the guy with a D next to his name did the best here than the other 2 CD's IIRC. For a change, LimoLiberal is right.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 12:22:05 AM »

Someone needs to get him some fundraising. He can seriously put this seat into play.

You don't need too much cash to run in WV-03 tbh but I hope he's seeking Our Revolution/PCCC endorsement. I don't think Bernie will endorse him due to fear of backlash since he supported Trump in 2016 because apparently anyone who supports Trump is automatically bad and the Democrats shouldn't appeal to Trump voters that in the past have been open to the right Democrat.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 12:31:31 AM »

Someone needs to get him some fundraising. He can seriously put this seat into play.

You don't need too much cash to run in WV-03 tbh but I hope he's seeking Our Revolution/PCCC endorsement. I don't think Bernie will endorse him due to fear of backlash since he supported Trump in 2016 because apparently anyone who supports Trump is automatically bad and the Democrats shouldn't appeal to Trump voters that in the past have been open to the right Democrat.
An Our Revolution endorsement would hurt Ojeda in a very red state like West Virginia.

WV isn't a very partisan state so I doubt it. Ojeda's best shot is the GOP takes this race for granted, and is caught off guard. I'd rate this as Lean R.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 01:08:58 AM »

Honestly Ojeda should go for Capito's seat in 2020 before he gets drawn out.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 01:18:02 AM »

Ojeda could win this year, but he’ll almost certainly lose his seat in 2020 and a Democratic victory here means that they’ve already won the House, so it’s obvious why this seat isn’t one of their top priorities.

A decent chance that would happen, but never underestimate the power of incumbency in West Virginia combined with traditional democratic voting, even for federal races. Exhibit a Joe manchin

But West Virginia is going to be down to two congressional districts for the 2022 election and the GOP-controlled legislature will almost certainly decide to draw the map to protect the two Republican members.

Not if the Democratic Party of West Virginia can reform itself to legislative dominance and create a New Deal for this far-too-forsaken state.

A new pipe dream of mine is to have the coal barons out of their dominance in West Virginia, and have a huge Democratic wave of folks not aligned with the old WV Dem regime come into power in WV. We are clearly seeing that coal is not going to come back to WV, but WV is constantly conned into believing the jobs will come back. There must be a new plan for the state. A new direction. A New Hope.

I assume we could shoot off some stuff into space from flat mountaintops, after all. And isn't Jim Justice rotund enough to be a space station?

But people are stubborn. No space exploration for WV  Cry Cry Cry

I mean this some chance of that happening, at least according to one person who did a well-thought out and realistic timeline on here]. I don't fully agree with the idea that the South goes Democrat, especially the white working class south for what it's worth but it's a great read regardless.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2018, 07:35:50 PM »

Why the f**k would Ojeda switch parties? The guy probably joins the CPC if he wins this year.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies