florida (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:20:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  florida (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: florida  (Read 6943 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« on: April 16, 2005, 11:28:41 PM »

Part of it may of had to do with having a popular Govesnor (especially after all the hurricane's) as his brother.  The state iis still pretty close to the Natl average, and is MUCH closer to the national average than it use to be
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 10:03:46 PM »

Well, but this one in the prophetic column then:

Would it be better for Kerry to abandon FL?

The polls in FL do not show any big Kerry lead and never did; more recently they TEND to show a Bush victory there.  If Kerry's numbers don't improve, would be better for Kerry NOT to make a great effort there and target Midwestern states, PA (and WV), NJ, and those weak areas in New Englland (NH, ME)?

This is straight strategic question.

Note the date.  I go on the thread to mention WI, MN, PA, NH, ME (which Kerry took), OH, IA, and WV.

Not thate except for MN (and my totally wrong NJ), these were all close states which ended up being closer than FL, IIRC.

You also have to take in the National Average/  For the most part we are assuming a 50/50 election.  In that case (against the National Average) Florida was closer than most thsoe other states listed
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies