Brexit Supporters What comes closer to your motivation? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:13:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Brexit Supporters What comes closer to your motivation? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
You're a trot and hate global capitalism

Damn (((elite)))

DIE MUSLISMSM LOL

muh borders xxxxxxx

Lol farage is so funny on the teevee

A hatred of Britain nd enjoying seeing our ritual humiliation and dismemberment

Love of Putin and wish for him to have more client states

Xd just want world to burn #yolo

Literally Hitler

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: Brexit Supporters What comes closer to your motivation?  (Read 2775 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« on: June 24, 2016, 01:55:08 AM »

Just genuinely curious.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 01:58:28 AM »

Didn't know you were inclined to dislike the (((elites)))
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 08:23:39 AM »

If you are 'genuinely curious', than make a poll with non-troll options instead of stewing like a sore loser.

TLDR - the EU is a broken mess - I think DavidB gave a list of reasons elsewhere but my memory is: the eurozone was stupidly narrowminded, the Greek debt crisis revealed what the EU really stood for (Germany, bankers, political control), the ineptness of the refugee crisis despite my sympathies towards the refugees, the march towards a federal political union, the insane foreign policy and discriminatory political membership prioirities, the unbalanced CAP that hurts developing agricultural nations, the fishing policy, and so on. Some of these do not apply to the EU but are examples of the sinking ship the EU represents. There is also the argument that the UK has to be some sort of 'major power'. Frankly, it would better if the UK reoriented itself towards being a little England with a Japanese style foreign policy - one that engages in a peaceful and genteel foreign policy. I dislike things like the EU sanctions and being the political army of NATO.

Your 'ritual humiliation' is not leaving the EU. That already happened at Egypt and again at Iraq.

So essentially peripheral issues. If you seriously git that from the remain campaign you must be delusional.

And I would argue that losing in war is less humiliating than this. This is the equivalent of a dignified elderly person losing control of their bowels as they age. We have lost face permanently in front of the world community. And for what?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 03:30:48 PM »

The irony is, of course, is that the edgy anti-Semites who hate "globalists" are actually useful idiots for the true megarich elite. Because they prefer the murky world of quasi Nationalism, where they can hide behind shadows and squirrel their fortunes away from the public eye. The EU, for all its flaws, is an attempt to control the forces of globalisation and put it in control of the people and avoid the rush to the bottom. It didn't always work out the way (because - you guessed it "anti-globalists" eroded the ability of its democratic structures to regulate the nationalistic attributes of the Commission) but it is an effort. But no, even that is too much for the economically illiterate protectionists of this world who prefer to hide away in their safe space nation state pretending that they somehow have axhieved a victory over anybody. Sad!
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 03:34:55 PM »

If you are 'genuinely curious', than make a poll with non-troll options instead of stewing like a sore loser.
^This.

And I cannot comprehend why you think self-prioritization makes Britain lose face.

Because now we are forever branded as the nation that risked everything for nothing at all. How are we supposed to broker deals if we have that hanging over our image? This is an international humiliation for Perfidious Albion.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 04:00:55 PM »

^This.

And I cannot comprehend why you think self-prioritization makes Britain lose face.

Because now we are forever branded as the nation that risked everything for nothing at all. How are we supposed to broker deals if we have that hanging over our image? This is an international humiliation for Perfidious Albion.
There is surely no long-term risk. It'd be outrageously spiteful and not efficacious for the EU to try to send a message to Britain. There was only immediate economic vulnerability because the pro-Remain side hyped up a perceived risk.

For nothing? Greater control over oneself surely doesn't mean nothing to you?

We will have lower growth in the long term. We will be seen as a more untrustworthy partner in the long term. And even if it sort of gets better, we're going to have to live through some terrible bullsh**te and austerity.

We won't even have 'vontrol of our selves' because any effective deal ensuring growth would surrender more control than we had before we left.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 04:01:29 PM »

For nothing? Greater control over oneself surely doesn't mean nothing to you?

Something something we're all children on mother earth something something lines on a map something something how can a person be illegal.

Glad you're starting to understand basic economics and morality.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 04:10:59 PM »

Seriously Crabcake,
fuc* off

Write in: I'm pro european, I'm tired of having to deal with the UK's bullsh**t: constantly whining and slowling european integration.

This argument doesn't make sense jammy. Now every reprobate politician in the continent is going to"do a Boris Johnson" -  support one of these stupid referendums to feather their own career. The European Union could be at more risk than it ever has been - the strongest pro European figures left standing are Renzi and Merkel and even they are weaker than they've ever been. In that sort od environment, a lot of populists will muse about doing their own Brexit.  I wouldn't be surprised if Sarkozy decides to have a referendum of his own...
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2016, 04:59:00 PM »

Seriously Crabcake,
fuc* off

Write in: I'm pro european, I'm tired of having to deal with the UK's bullsh**t: constantly whining and slowling european integration.

This argument doesn't make sense jammy. Now every reprobate politician in the continent is going to"do a Boris Johnson" -  support one of these stupid referendums to feather their own career. The European Union could be at more risk than it ever has been - the strongest pro European figures left standing are Renzi and Merkel and even they are weaker than they've ever been. In that sort od environment, a lot of populists will muse about doing their own Brexit.  I wouldn't be surprised if Sarkozy decides to have a referendum of his own...
It does!
The UK was by far the most eurosceptic country in the EU---> they got their independence---> the most powerful eurosceptic country gone---> less difficult for europeans to do some pro integration things because we won't have to deal with constant english whining!

And anyway, no leader in the EU is going to call for a referendum now that Cameron basically destroyed his career with that. Except some far-right weirdos like in Austria maybe.

And, the Brexit is going to be a yuuuuge mess---> will show everyone what happens when people leave the UK

We'd better hope so, but never underestimate how craven and awful nationalist politicians are.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2016, 07:11:46 AM »

The reality is that far from the scaremongering the EU really wasn't flooding EU with migrants. The early rejection od the quotas essentially prolonged the crisis and caused the disasters in 2015 that caused a major change in public position. That lasyed, like, a month or so as the Balkan route was sealed and shutdown, forcing yet more refugees to try the Mediterranean route. The EU then negotiated theTurkey deal which is essentially the opposite of being pro-refugee. The current ideal is "Fortress Europe" - hardly pro-refugee.

The problem is the EU Parliament is a) full of closed list elected nobodies and b) stripped of of its power by tge, you guessed it, Eurosceptic who preferred the nationally oriented inscrutable behind closed doora Commission (which acts more like a diplomatic meeting between states like the G20) then the democratic potential of the Parliament.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies