Will Obamacare price increase effect the election? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 01:41:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Will Obamacare price increase effect the election? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What will the avg 22% Obamacare exchange rate increase have?
Big swing to Trump

Little swing to Trump

No effect

Little swing to Clinton

Big swing to Clinton

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 76

Author Topic: Will Obamacare price increase effect the election?  (Read 2651 times)
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« on: October 25, 2016, 03:42:04 PM »

I know it is controversial, but I am still opposed to ObamaCare. ObamaCare can not work without a public option. The plan is just too unworkable.

It is like you took the worst of both parties ideas and meshed them together.

It is better just to go with liberal policy all the time, with tweaking legislation to address Republican concerns.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 03:55:07 PM »

I know it is controversial, but I am still opposed to ObamaCare. ObamaCare can not work without a public option. The plan is just too unworkable.

It is like you took the worst of both parties ideas and meshed them together.

It is better just to go with liberal policy all the time, with tweaking legislation to address Republican concerns.

Obamacare was destined to "fail" without a public option. Obama let Blue Dogs like Baucus and Nelson control the fate of the ACA, which will go down as a grave mistake.

Sadly, I doubt there will be much political will to push it through in the next few years without a Democrat-controlled House.

A public option would be the only legal way ObamaCare could work practically. The individual mandate has constitutional questions. Supreme Court agreed that the individual mandate itself was unconstitutional, but could be allowed as a "tax".

But irrespective, if I had a voice in the congressional vote, I would absolutely have voted against the ACA.

The whole irony is, the ObamaCare act that passed was essentially a carbon copy of what Newt Gingrich and Orrin Hatch proposed back in the 1990s.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 11:59:47 AM »

ObamaCare was a very underrated reason why Trump was able to win in an upset. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies