2014 Senate retirements (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 06:07:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2014 Senate retirements (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2014 Senate retirements  (Read 8449 times)
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« on: November 08, 2012, 09:53:33 PM »

well based on age the most likely look to be Lautenberg, Levin, and Inhofe considering how old they are.
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 04:30:26 AM »

is it possible that President Obama can convince Johnson (SD) to stay put? He represents one of those seats that you have to milk for as long as possible to stay in the majority. If a better candidate can run in his place, then I would be fine with him retiring. But he's the only viable democrat left in South Dakota. I guess you could say Sandlin might be a good candidate but the jury is still out on her.
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 02:01:35 PM »

is it possible that President Obama can convince Johnson (SD) to stay put? He represents one of those seats that you have to milk for as long as possible to stay in the majority. If a better candidate can run in his place, then I would be fine with him retiring. But he's the only viable democrat left in South Dakota. I guess you could say Sandlin might be a good candidate but the jury is still out on her.

Rounds wasnt even all that popular when he left office.  He certainly isnt a Hoeven.  It would be at worst a tossup if Johnson stayed in.  

If Johnson does decide to hang it up, Herseth-Sandlin would be a very good recruit.  She only barely lost in 2010 wipeout and had high favorable ratings even after she was defeated. 

Sandlin lost to Noem, who strikes me as a flake. Rounds would be a much tougher person to face than Noem.
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 06:19:31 PM »

Rounds wasnt even all that popular when he left office.  He certainly isnt a Hoeven.  It would be at worst a tossup if Johnson stayed in.  

If Johnson does decide to hang it up, Herseth-Sandlin would be a very good recruit.  She only barely lost in 2010 wipeout and had high favorable ratings even after she was defeated. 

Sandlin lost to Noem, who strikes me as a flake. Rounds would be a much tougher person to face than Noem.

She lost to Noem by two points in the worst Dem year in over a century.  2014 is almost certain to be far better for Democrats. 

Johnson survived 1994, which was almost as bad as 2010.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies