TX-GOV 2022: If TX GOP loses here, what next? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:25:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TX-GOV 2022: If TX GOP loses here, what next? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TX-GOV 2022: If TX GOP loses here, what next?  (Read 10393 times)
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« on: May 09, 2020, 07:26:45 PM »

I could see him having a decent shot at winning unless someone like one of the Castro brothers or Beto runs against him.

HELL YES, WE'RE GONNA TAKE YOUR AR-15 AND DESTROY THE DEMOCRAT'S CHANCES OF WINNING TEXAS!

I don't think he'd have a shot at beating Abbott unless people get really pissed at his COVID handling, but Beto ran an unapologetically progressive campaign in 2018 and he nearly won. He didn't pretend to be moderate
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 08:09:11 PM »

I could see him having a decent shot at winning unless someone like one of the Castro brothers or Beto runs against him.

HELL YES, WE'RE GONNA TAKE YOUR AR-15 AND DESTROY THE DEMOCRAT'S CHANCES OF WINNING TEXAS!

I don't think he'd have a shot at beating Abbott unless people get really pissed at his COVID handling, but Beto ran an unapologetically progressive campaign in 2018 and he nearly won. He didn't pretend to be moderate

"Unapologetically progressive" != deliberately marketing stances on wedge issues that are electoral anathema. O'Rourke may not be finished, but to be successful in Texas will require a huge change in approach from his presidential bid and a preparation for it to feature in almost every single attack ad.

Yes, his Presidential bid was undeniably disastrous and obviously he would need to rethink his strategy were he to ever run for any office again
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 07:49:26 PM »

Paxton and Patrick are the only beatable ones
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies