PA Gubernatorial Race 2006 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 10:15:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA Gubernatorial Race 2006 (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: PA Gubernatorial Race 2006  (Read 94246 times)
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: June 22, 2005, 09:56:53 PM »

The first thing I was going to do was post that article, NHPolitico.

Dan, Rendell would not "own" him and how could you compare him to Paterno? Holden was a popular incumbent. I know you refuse to believe this but Rendell is not that popular.

Holden's district is 65% Republican

being part of the other 35% in his district is hard work. Tongue Luckily name recognition keeps Holden in office.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 12:34:03 PM »

This is the lowest approval rating Rendell has received since April 22, 2004

This is also one of the highest disapproval ratings Rendell has had on record.

72% of voters believe Rendell has "a lot" or "some" of the responsibility for failing to reduce property taxes.

This is also another low for Rendell since February.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 01:02:06 PM »

Question - Will Flyers, Smash and danwxman still insist Eddie is a lock?

*yawn*

I'll say it again as I've said it before...Rendell is beatable with a strong challenger and that person has yet to come forward.

The campaign hasn't really even started. All Lynn Swann would have to do is a) win the primary and b) not make himself look like a complete fool.
c) really attack Rendell on property taxes. or do only people here in Berks care?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 01:12:15 PM »

Question - Will Flyers, Smash and danwxman still insist Eddie is a lock?

*yawn*

I'll say it again as I've said it before...Rendell is beatable with a strong challenger and that person has yet to come forward.

The campaign hasn't really even started. All Lynn Swann would have to do is a) win the primary and b) not make himself look like a complete fool.
c) really attack Rendell on property taxes. or do only people here in Berks care?
If the Republican nominee promises property tax relief, they are going to look like an idiot and nobody will take him seriously.
except for my Dad, who will praise him 24/7 until Election Day. (My Dad is a very conservative Democrat)
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 02:09:56 PM »

I think his numbers look rather solid.  If he runs a good campaign he should be alright.  None of his possible opponents are breaking 40%.

None of his opponents are breaking 40% because the campaign hasn't even begun!

Look at his re-elect numbers in general. 46% want him while 41% are opposed. High disapprovals. Lowest approval rating in over a year.

September - 52%
February - 51%
April - 49%
July - 47%

What's next? What will we see come September or October of this year? Remember that that will be the time when his opponents will really start campaigning. What happens if he drops to 45%? Then 43%? When will he not look solid? When will the Rendell supporters realize that he's dead in an area he look rather easily in 2002?

He's in trouble.
i agree. he has to really work his butt of if he wants to stay Governor.  if he keeps voters the way he is, it could end with a tragic landslide victory for his opponent
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2005, 02:15:11 PM »

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2005, 10:55:22 PM »

As Jake said, the property tax issue and the failure of Act 72 will fade from voter's radar screens by the time the election comes around.

And if the Republican promises relief, it will be seen as a joke. How many times have Pennsylvanians been promised tax relief, without any results?

Act 72 has been out of the picture (for the most part) for about a month and he's still going down.

Ed Rendell is the most overrated elected official in Pennsylvania.
i have to agree Phil.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2005, 11:01:52 PM »

I don't think people in Pennsylvania care anymore. They just don't expect relief...ever. If the Republican nominee promises property tax relief, they are going to look like an idiot and nobody will take him seriously.

the Dems on this board  went on and on about how strong Eddie is.
i just want to set myself apart of the crowd here. i kind of soent the whole time talking about how weak he was, although im not really a democrat, either
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2005, 05:58:49 PM »

Rendell/Pennacchio. now that would be a great team.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2005, 06:54:25 PM »

[img] Anyway, I'm so confused over who is worse now - Eddie or Catherine.

Catherine.  A horrible person Wink.  Rendell's not THAT horrible.

But Catherine knows what her job is (even though she has a hard time doing it) while Eddie doesn't know if he's a Governor or a sports commentator.
Todays a huge today for Pennsylvania football! I mean politics! Are you ready for some debating?!?!?! WOO! Here comes Dennis Leh...OH he's gonna attach his tax plan as amendment! tricky! But it was stopped dead in its tracks by David Brightbill! Good try, Dennis! We'll see you next week when Catherine Baker-Knoll tries not to fumble, but instead fumbles 99x as bad! it'll be AMAZING! Until then im John Madden! I mean Ed Rendell! Good night folks! Grin
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2005, 09:30:17 AM »

Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

how did that happen?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2005, 08:50:08 AM »

so is this: But that didnt stop you from saying it. Practice what you preach, Casey.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2005, 10:39:12 AM »

so is this: But that didnt stop you from saying it. Practice what you preach, Casey.
What the hell? I said that to Kevin because he continually attacks Colin for no particullar reason. Then, he posts just enough each election to be allowed on the ballot.
You dont like when people do it to you, why should you do it to other people
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2005, 11:39:38 AM »

What the hell? I said that to Kevin because he continually attacks Colin for no particullar reason. Then, he posts just enough each election to be allowed on the ballot.
You dont like when people do it to you, why should you do it to other people
Why does Kevin attack Colin for being too liberal, then when asked why he thinks that, he comes up with some strawman? There's no reason for him to do that. And why do you continually support Kevin, despite the fact that he hasn't said a word about what he will actually do, but instead just say "I will be an honost senator"?
we're not debating how he campaigns here, we're debating that you said that 'moron' is mean, and yet youre willing to call someone else a schmuck. Make up your mind Casey. Tongue
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2005, 02:41:01 PM »

Knoll already has an official, serious candidate opposing her re-election who happens to be from out west - http://www.valerieforpa.com/
good Tongue
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2005, 03:02:43 PM »

Knoll already has an official, serious candidate opposing her re-election who happens to be from out west - http://www.valerieforpa.com/
good Tongue

I intend on voting for Gene Stilp in the primary-there's really no need to waste $10 million on a Lt. Gov, though I would support Valerie over Cathy any day.
yeah same here
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2005, 01:10:14 PM »

Now wouldn't it be fun to really read into what he said and take this as a possible candidacy?  Wink
NNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Don't even scare me like that! Tongue
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2005, 02:47:23 PM »

SV Poll:

Primary:

Lynn Swann 38%
Bill Scranton 31%
Jeff Piccola 15%
Undecided 16%

General:

Ed Rendell 46%
Lynn Swann 41%
Undecided 13%

Ed Rendell 47%
Bill Scranton 43%
Undecided 10%

Ed Rendell 48%
Jeff Piccola 37%
Undecided 15%

Do you approve or disapprove of Governor Ed Rendell's job performance?

Approve 47%
Disapprove 42%
Undecided 11%

It seems to be getting closer and closer with each poll, something which is starting to bother me.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2005, 04:41:58 PM »

Hey Phil, were you at the Harrisburg Tea Party on Monday?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2005, 06:25:32 PM »

No. I've only been out to Harrisburg once and that was about two years ago.
ah. You should have been there. It was fun. Smiley
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2005, 12:37:21 AM »

Stop putting words in my mouth you imbecile. I merely stated the Democrats did very well in the Lehigh Valley this past election. That can't be refuted.

Not really. Except for Kerry winning, the GOP pretty much won everything else competitive. Dent won here, Specter won here, and the special elections for the vacant Senate and House seats went our way.

TWOTHOUSANDFIVE

lol Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2005, 12:52:54 AM »

sh**t that's right.  Oh well, I guess I have to hold nose.  Hope Eddie drops her like a bad habit.

He won't (atleast not publicly).
Unfortunately. Cry This is a race where I may have to just go with a third party candidate because the rest of the candidates will be so wrong for the state that holding my nose is not even an option.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2005, 04:25:58 PM »

I just received an e-mail from the Swann campaign. He said that he will "embark on a historic journey to change Pennsylvania" on January 4th. Seems that that's an obvious announcement of candidacy date.
No, it sounds like he's going to convert to Islam and complete the Hajj. Roll Eyes Wink

Anyways, December has been a dull month for this race... Sad
yeah it has. I hope Jan. brings some interesting news (which im sure it will)
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2006, 11:56:34 AM »

It was made official today. Check out Swann's updated website.
I saw it last night on ESPN news.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2006, 02:14:44 PM »

Sweet! Hoeffel's got the lead, but he cant mess around with it. If he wants to win, hes gotta get running soon.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies