Israel General Elections || 23.03.2021 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 10:54:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel General Elections || 23.03.2021 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Israel General Elections || 23.03.2021  (Read 71526 times)
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« on: March 25, 2021, 01:17:11 PM »

Someone might have already come up with this but in light of potentially continued deadlock
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2021, 09:37:38 PM »

Jpost reports that the parties are aiming for a majority vote on Thursday at the latest. Shaas is standing by Netanyahu versus a different Likudnik, so there isn't a majority for that even if Bibi could set his ego aside. Abbas is to vote in favor rather than abstain, which probably means a lot of (desperately needed) pork-barrel investment is coming to Arab communities.

EDIT: The timetable has been moved up to Tuesday.

Dare I say it's too soon, but:

Knock on wood Tongue
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2021, 09:47:56 AM »

How high is the chance the new govt breaks apart in the coming weeks or months and Netanyahu returns to power? I'm not that confident coalition of 8 parties from accross the spectrum can govern with a single vote majority. I would assume Bibi stands ready once that happens.

Keep in mind that Joint List is not in the government but obviously would not be in a Bibi government either. Given that, Likud would need support from its traditional partners plus Yamina and Ra'am. Given that Bennett is PM atm and I sincerely doubt that the Religious Zionists would be chill working in a government with Arabs, I think the only real way for Likud to return to power is new elections.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies