2020 Census and Redistricting Thread: Florida (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:30:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  2020 Census and Redistricting Thread: Florida (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 Census and Redistricting Thread: Florida  (Read 57364 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« on: December 27, 2020, 04:44:07 PM »

Looks like it, though until the Census Bureau finalizes its official numbers for states to use for redistricting purposes, we won't ever really know for sure:

Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2021, 03:17:39 PM »

Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2021, 03:21:46 PM »

Republicans currently hold just short of 80 seats in the Florida House.  During Jeb Bush's governorship (in his second term), they had at times upwards of an 85-seat majority, at least until 2006.  After redistricting is over and done with, how likely is it that we are going to see those majorities again this decade?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2021, 09:30:03 PM »

They are roughly even now, as far as voter registration is concerned:

Florida Republicans close voter registration gap with Democrats
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2022, 01:38:35 PM »

It seems the congressional maps are the prime area of contention between Governor DeSantis and the Republican legislature -and not the legislative maps.

I know I posed this question once before, but with redistricting all but over (at least at the legislative level) giving us a clearer picture, how likely is it that Republicans will regain their 80+ majorities in the Florida House that they once enjoyed during the Jeb Bush years (at least in his second term)?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_party_strength_in_Florida
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2022, 01:44:16 PM »

It seems the congressional maps are the prime area of contention between Governor DeSantis and the Republican legislature -and not the legislative maps.

I know I posed this question once before, but with redistricting all but over (at least at the legislative level), how likely is it that Republicans will regain their 80+ majorities in the Florida House that they once enjoyed during the Jeb Bush years (at least in his second term)?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_party_strength_in_Florida

The legislative maps have been enacted. It's the congressional maps that they're still fighting over.

I said that already. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies