The "Who is running?" tea leaves thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 05:48:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  The "Who is running?" tea leaves thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The "Who is running?" tea leaves thread  (Read 250046 times)
Lupo
Rookie

« on: January 24, 2013, 10:24:48 PM »

I have a feeling this won't play well with Republicans:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Why?
Lupo
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 11:09:07 PM »

I have a feeling this won't play well with Republicans:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Why?

Maybe it's a really well-written national anthem. They're all really good and tell a country's story

I mean why wouldn't it play well with Republicans?
Lupo
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 08:37:58 PM »

They're so desperate to find an anti-Obama, aren't they?  They seem to think that if they nominate a black guy, the blacks will become Republican, or if they get guys like Rubio or Cruz in the Senate, Hispanics will vote for them.
Do they really think people are that dumb?

I hope not.  One of the reasons I'm proud to be a Republican is that we nominate based on ability, not which boxes can be checked off.  Let the Dems pick a minority for the sake of picking a minority.
Lupo
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 02:54:16 PM »

They're so desperate to find an anti-Obama, aren't they?  They seem to think that if they nominate a black guy, the blacks will become Republican, or if they get guys like Rubio or Cruz in the Senate, Hispanics will vote for them.
Do they really think people are that dumb?

I hope not.  One of the reasons I'm proud to be a Republican is that we nominate based on ability, not which boxes can be checked off.  Let the Dems pick a minority for the sake of picking a minority.

You mean like Sarah Palin or Michael Steele?
I'm not a Democrat but Obama is clearly one of the most qualified to have ever become President.  You cannot possibly believe he was chosen because he was black.

Palin was chosen by the McCain campaign.  Steele by the RNC. 

Response to your statement regarding President Obama was addressed by other posters, with whom I agree.
Lupo
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 09:56:13 PM »

That's arguable.  I think GOP primary voters have shown a significant deference to electability in the past two cycles, and Ted Cruz is not electable.  Now, it's my belief that in light of the McCain and Romney losses their will be a strong push for a more principled conservative to generate excitement, but Cruz would have to compete with other candidates just as principled but much more electable than he.
Lupo
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2014, 09:15:11 AM »

I can't conceive of any possible way that Manchin gets the Democratic nomination.

VP?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies