Final Prediction for MN-05 Democratic Primary
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:57:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Final Prediction for MN-05 Democratic Primary
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ^
Ilhan Omar

Antone Melton-Meaux

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 61

Author Topic: Final Prediction for MN-05 Democratic Primary  (Read 1943 times)
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2020, 08:51:00 PM »

F**k. 117th Congress will be more full of crazies than any other in recent memory.

What an awful day this has been politically. First, Kamala Harris was named as Biden's running mate. Now, both Marjorie Taylor-Greene and Illhan Omar have won their primaries. At least not everything has gone wrong this primary season, as both Steve King and Steve Watkins will be gone in January.

One thing to consider: The Gingrich freshman class included Steve Stockman, Helen Chenoweth, but also Charlie Bass, Joe Scarborough, Mac Thornberry, Tom Davis and Frank LoBiondo. And the 2010 class included Allen West, Paul Gosar and Scott DesJarlais, but also Bob Dold, Jon Runyan, Richard Hanna and Mike Fitzpatrick. Every class does include genuinely good people who end becoming excellent legislators.
All the good legislators you mentioned from the 2010 class are now gone, although Fitzpatrick was replaced by his brother Brian when he retired.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2020, 08:52:27 PM »

F**k. 117th Congress will be more full of crazies than any other in recent memory.

What an awful day this has been politically. First, Kamala Harris was named as Biden's running mate. Now, both Marjorie Taylor-Greene and Illhan Omar have won their primaries. At least not everything has gone wrong this primary season, as both Steve King and Steve Watkins will be gone in January.

One thing to consider: The Gingrich freshman class included Steve Stockman, Helen Chenoweth, but also Charlie Bass, Joe Scarborough, Mac Thornberry, Tom Davis and Frank LoBiondo. And the 2010 class included Allen West, Paul Gosar and Scott DesJarlais, but also Bob Dold, Jon Runyan, Richard Hanna and Mike Fitzpatrick. Every class does include genuinely good people who end becoming excellent legislators.

You're right. Every class has its good and bad legislators. Who do you think will potentially fit this mold this year?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2020, 09:01:26 PM »

Omar's gonna smoke this clown. No union busters in the Democratic Party!
Clown status: smoked.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2020, 09:32:20 PM »

Imagine thinking this wan't a colossal underperformance by Omar.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2020, 10:10:00 PM »

Awesome. Corporate centrist Dems and Republicans dumped money into the opponent and she still won overwhelmingly.

It's only going to get better from here as the Sundown Coalition starts to leave office and more and more genuine progressives get elected and bring the Democratic Party into the future.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2020, 10:48:31 PM »

Go home DINO's.

Omar might still be vulnerable to a more left-wing Dem, but luckily she has good enough institutional support that she might yet be fine.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2020, 10:52:48 PM »

Great, at least two more years of this antisemite, possibly more. Maybe she’ll take the hint from the fact that her win was a bit underwhelming and tone it down a notch or two, but I have my doubts.

I do hope some of the “moderate heroes” here get a little more nuanced in their views of progressives, and don’t say that all of us are the same and are “radical extremists” or whatever. AOC and Omar are not at all the same, and plenty of progressives legitimately want to help people and make this country more equitable, even if you question the effectiveness of their solutions. We’re part of the party, and maybe you could focus on trying to defeat the ones who actually are bigoted and harmful to the cause, rather than wishing for all of us to go away (kudos to those who already do this, you know who you are.)
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2020, 10:57:15 PM »

Great, at least two more years of this antisemite, possibly more. Maybe she’ll take the hint from the fact that her win was a bit underwhelming and tone it down a notch or two, but I have my doubts.

I do hope some of the “moderate heroes” here get a little more nuanced in their views of progressives, and don’t say that all of us are the same and are “radical extremists” or whatever. AOC and Omar are not at all the same, and plenty of progressives legitimately want to help people and make this country more equitable, even if you question the effectiveness of their solutions. We’re part of the party, and maybe you could focus on trying to defeat the ones who actually are bigoted and harmful to the cause, rather than wishing for all of us to go away (kudos to those who already do this, you know who you are.)

She's not an anti-Semite.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2020, 10:59:41 PM »

Yes, she is. The sooner you all admit it the better.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2020, 11:09:06 PM »

Imagine thinking this wan't a colossal underperformance by Omar.

Your dude had $4,000,000 and couldn't break 40% lmfaooooo

Ilhan forever!
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2020, 11:10:53 PM »

I mean my main issues with AOC is that she keeps backing primary challenges to her colleagues and it's dividing the party. However, that is still far better than Omar and Tlaib's open anti-Semitism, also I hope if AOC accumulates tenure in the House, she'll be more likely to not want to primary her colleagues. Also progressives like Warren and Pressley aren't focused on primarying their own colleagues and are willing to work with more moderate members, and I think that they are a valued new part of the party. I'm just worried that AOC's going to try to primary Schumer or something in 2022, and she just really shouldn't unnecessarily pick fights with the party. Warren and Pressley both understand this, which is why I think that they're perfectly fine.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2020, 11:20:02 PM »

It's funny how both Muslim women to ever serve in Congress get called anti-semites despite endorsing the most significant Jewish Presidential candidate in US history.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2020, 01:59:40 PM »

It's funny how both Muslim women to ever serve in Congress get called anti-semites despite endorsing the most significant Jewish Presidential candidate in US history.

“It’s funny how people called Strom Thurmond and Jesse Helms racists when they voted in favor of confirming the only African-American currently serving on the US Supreme Court.”  - Jfern circa 1991
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2020, 10:36:37 PM »

“It’s funny how people called Strom Thurmond and Jesse Helms racists when they voted in favor of confirming the only African-American currently serving on the US Supreme Court.”  - Jfern circa 1991

Did George HW Bush nominate 20 something candidates and they chose to approve the one black?
jaymichaud
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 3.10, S: -7.83

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2020, 03:01:46 PM »

Barry Goldwater?
Babeuf

« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2020, 04:01:45 PM »

Barry Goldwater?
Father was Jewish, but was raised as an Episcopalian. Not sure that counts.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies