Describe a Bob Dole voter in the Bronx (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 10:46:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Describe a Bob Dole voter in the Bronx (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Describe a Bob Dole voter in the Bronx  (Read 672 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« on: April 29, 2023, 08:13:41 AM »

There were then, and still are, a handful of “white ethnic” pockets left in the Bronx — Throgs Neck, Morris Park (Italians), and Woodlawn (Irish) — so probably voters from there. Also perhaps to a lesser extent some rich people in Riverdale.

The Italian community there is one of the most culturally conservative in NYC.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2023, 06:33:52 PM »

There were then, and still are, a handful of “white ethnic” pockets left in the Bronx — Throgs Neck, Morris Park (Italians), and Woodlawn (Irish) — so probably voters from there. Also perhaps to a lesser extent some rich people in Riverdale.

The Italian community there is one of the most culturally conservative in NYC.

Can you provide a specific source. (I don't doubt you; I just would be interested to read about this if possible b/c I'm not from NYC and haven't been there enough to understand this anecdotally).

I'm from Long Island and I worked in NYC in my younger days.  I've been to NYC hundreds of times, all 5 boroughs.  The Morris Park neighborhood  is one that I knew people from there in college.  The entirety of Throgs Neck and Morris Park is about half Hispanic now, but the Italian neighborhoods in Morris Park remain cohesive and conservative. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies