Can men be raped? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 03:46:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Can men be raped? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 111

Author Topic: Can men be raped?  (Read 2191 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: May 01, 2022, 01:36:09 AM »
« edited: May 01, 2022, 01:52:34 AM by Supporter and promoter of anti-white racism »

Saying that only men can rape is more mainstream because they define right and wrong around "pOWUr diFerEntIAlS" instead of the merits of what a person does

Even by this definition that assertion fails, because a rapist clearly holds inherent power over their victim by virtue of doing that to them.

I agree, but that's the problem with all these "power differential" based moral arguments. If someone does a thing then obviously you had the power to do the thing. It's more self evidently wrong to make that argument about rape than rioting or hate speech to name a couple examples but the argument doesn't make sense in either case.

The "power differential" thing makes some sense if you're analyzing the cumulative amount of harm that one person or group can do to another by performing the same action or set of actions, but increasingly I think that that's too consequentialist for me to be comfortable fully agreeing with. And I've certainly never had any truck or trade with applying it to sexual abuse of any form.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies