Kentucky 2015 - Predictions and Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 08:33:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Kentucky 2015 - Predictions and Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kentucky 2015 - Predictions and Results Thread  (Read 53784 times)
JMT

« on: November 01, 2015, 04:44:39 PM »

Governor:
Bevin (R): 48.4%
Conway (D): 46.9%
Curtis (I): 4.7%

Winners of other races:
AG Commissioner: Quarles (R)
Attorney General: Beshear (D)
Auditor: Edelen (D)
Secretary of State: Grimes (D)
Treasurer: Ball (R)

JMT

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 09:00:43 PM »

I'm hoping Edelen wins reelection as auditor and runs against Rand Paul for his Senate seat in 2016.
JMT

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 08:23:57 PM »

I thought that  Bevin would win but by a very narrow margin.  Did not expect this scale of victory. Wow.
JMT

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 08:29:44 PM »

Looks like Edelen may lose tonight too. Really bad night for dems. If Edelen goes down, Rand Paul will have a sigh of relief and may keep his presidential bid going even longer, considering Edelen was seen as the challenger for Rand Paul for his Senate seat. Would Edelen still try to go for Senate even if he loses tonight?
JMT

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 08:43:02 PM »

Looks like Edelen may lose tonight too. Really bad night for dems. If Edelen goes down, Rand Paul will have a sigh of relief and may keep his presidential bid going even longer, considering Edelen was seen as the challenger for Rand Paul for his Senate seat. Would Edelen still try to go for Senate even if he loses tonight?

As tonight's results prove, Rand Paul was never in danger even if he were to run against Jesus.
I kind of thought this all along, but still was hoping Edelen would hold on tonight and at least make Republicans spend money here for the senate race. Looks like Rand Paul will be completely safe next year
JMT

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2015, 12:44:19 AM »

It's not as terrible as it might appear at first glance. WI, MI, NJ, and ME will probably flip in the next cycle; MD, MA, and IL will be solid D seats once their incumbents retire, and the Dems will have a decent shot in the next election besides. The map is as lopsided as it is right now because the GOP had a really good year in 2014, when most of those governorships were up for election.

Very good point. All those mentioned have a possibility of flipping, including IL and MD. I could definitely see Rauner and Hogan losing in 2018. Baker probably will be reelected in MA but when he retires he most likely would be replaced by a democrat. Also, with Brian Sandoval term limited in NV, dems could pick up his seat. I would also say that NM is likely to go Democrat after Susana Martinez leaves office. And Mike Pence (IN) and Pat McCrory (NC) could be defeated in 2016, and its quite possible John Bel Edwards wins in LA later this month. So honestly, I think the number of democratic governorships will increase in the near future. Does look ugly right now, though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies