Leaving the USA if Obama Wins.... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:31:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Leaving the USA if Obama Wins.... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Leaving the USA if Obama Wins....  (Read 4023 times)
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« on: October 29, 2008, 07:24:29 PM »

The looney left was cogitating about moving to Canada or Sweden if George W. Bush beat John Kerry.  I was devastated by the loss but this is my country and I ain't budging.

Well, today a business associate of mine was on the phone with me and told me I might be able to buy all his inventory at a discount.  He is "praying about" whether or not he should leave America.  I know I shouldn't have asked why...but I did...

*  Because Obama has a plan to put Christians in concentration camps where they will be
"re-educated".

*  Because Obama intends to confiscate every firearm in the United States and make owning
a gun punishable by death or multi-decade prison terms.

*  Because Islam could become the official state religion of the US

*  Because Christians will be subject to a one child per family policy in order to reduce the number of "hate mongers" in the country.

He went on and on, foaming at the mouth about revisionist history, the United Nations, abortion, homosexuals and what he calls "n rights".  He fully expects his Bible believing church to be shuttered within a month of inauguration day. 

Now I know this guy is a nut.  Always has been.  Kind of the harmless sort -- all talk.  But I have been thinking.  Since he is planning on leaving America...where should I encourage him to go?  Iran and Saudi Arabia have the "moral code" he would approve of.  Ah, but then...he hates him some "Moslems". 

Suggestions, anyone?  I will take up a collection if he actually agrees to leave...
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 11:05:39 AM »

JS, where does you business associate plan to decamp to, as a Christian safe haven, to avoid incarceration for his faith and beliefs and no doubt premature final exit by the acolytes of Satan?  You sure travel in odd circles, or maybe Ft Wayne is just odd, or something. Tongue

LOL -- this is a South Carolinian.  My business (militaria, antiques) is online and I get to know these guys at shows, etc.  A lot of them think the National Rifle Association is too liberal.  Many are southerners, one is a Klansman and several are -- or were -- members of The Council of Conservative Citizens (a group that sounds innocuous but is far from it).

Most of 'em? Harmless big talkers.  This guy among them.

These are not to be confused with my Talibagelical family.  That's another story entirely.

JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 06:18:32 PM »

Slate did a story on this question:

http://www.slate.com/id/2202070/

Leading options seemed to be Israel, Poland, and the Cayman Islands.

doesn't Israel have immigration laws that you have to have jewish ancestry? but if not it probably would be one of the best places for rightwingers to go.

No, but being Jewish means you automatically get citizenship.

What if you converted to Judaism for the jokes?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies