Jeopardy! Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:05:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Jeopardy! Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jeopardy! Megathread  (Read 9323 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: August 21, 2021, 02:41:59 AM »

Call this "cancel culture" all you want, but I don't think he was a very popular choice even before this controversy became relevant again. And he's still an executive producer on the program, so don't feel too bad.

The position of Jeopardy host is an institution and viewers probably want someone who feels like a better filler of Trebek's shoes, even if doing so completely is impossible. I don't really know who that could be though. I agree with Horus that it probably shouldn't be Mayim Bialik either. I'm not sure why her anti-vax past hasn't been dredged up more though.

The only for Sony to make this right is to fire Richards as Executive producer and bring in a full time female host. I agree that Bialik isn't a good fit...and frankly I'd let her go too if she really is anti-vax, but someone like Meredith Vieira, with her past experience on Who Wants to be a Millionaire would be a good choice.
Meredith is older than LeVar, so I doubt either would get the job, as I think Sony will want someone in their 40s or 50s who could host for a couple decades.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2021, 07:10:55 AM »

At least I don't have to listen to him do that corny spiel ever again.

Sony's already indicated that shows he'd already recorded would be aired, so until they've finished with the shows he taped, you get to still listen.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2021, 11:10:16 PM »

This is admittedly moreso Jeopardy!-adjacent news rather than J! news in & of itself, but at least Richards managed to get something right on his way out: he's bringing Merv's iconic Wheel theme, "Changing Keys," back after 21 years off the air.

Now if they can only bring back the ceramic Dalmatian.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2021, 08:25:44 PM »

Isn't Johnny Gilbert in his 90s? He's been the announcer of Jeopardy! since it premiered in 1984.

Don Pardo was the original announcer back during the original Art Fleming era. But yeah, Gilbert has been with the revival since it started in 1984.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2021, 08:37:22 PM »

By the way, in a bizarre coincidence, both Art Fleming and Alex Trebec died of pancreatic cancer
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies