Who would be the Democratic nominee if Biden didn’t run? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:19:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Who would be the Democratic nominee if Biden didn’t run? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who would be the Democratic nominee if Biden didn’t run?  (Read 2258 times)
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« on: July 12, 2020, 09:13:58 PM »

Probably Warren, with the African-American vote being divided between Booker and Harris.
I think the black vote would have been united no matter what would have happened. Look at how divided they were this time until Jim Clyburn endorsed Biden and he won SC.

I can easily see Black men backing Booker and Black Women backing Harris (the lure of having the first female President and another biracial President might be quite strong.)
Um, no. Outside of NJ, Booker doesn't have much appeal to Black men nationwide. He's viewed as a "softer" version of President Obama. Also, the fact that he's unmarried wouldn't help him either (being married to Michelle did a lot of wonders for President Obama).
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 10:08:46 PM »

*Fixed
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2020, 07:46:42 AM »

Also, the fact that he's unmarried wouldn't help him either (being married to Michelle did a lot of wonders for President Obama).

What do you mean? I imagine their "perfect generic American family" image may have helped them out a bit in whitepicketfencia, but I don't think it would have done much else?
I was talking about within the Black community.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies