Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:23:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 79
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be  (Read 141700 times)
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: December 25, 2017, 10:04:46 PM »

Got my parents a food trivia game this year, which they proceeded to absolutely obliterate me at later. Going to get a similar one pertaining to politics next year for revenge.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #376 on: December 25, 2017, 10:13:19 PM »

I had an amazing Christmas, mostly because my parents and in-laws decided not to visit me Tongue
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #377 on: December 25, 2017, 10:33:43 PM »

Thanks Jacobin! My grandma's turn for the worse has turned for the better. It feels like a year has passed since my dad woke me at 6:30 AM to tell me to prepare to say my final goodbyes. She's breathing on her own now, and the ventilation tube is not needed. She's not out of the woods yet but we think she'll make it.

That's great news! Hopefully on her way to a full recovery!
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #378 on: December 25, 2017, 10:59:58 PM »

Nothin' like:

- A good mornin' mass in Oakland

- Duck roast and an overload of pastries

- A visit from relative I hadn't seen in a while

- Return of the Jedi in Shakespearian prose
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #379 on: December 25, 2017, 11:04:45 PM »

Last night, I made myself some cookies and poured myself a glass of milk. Right before I could enjoy it, I got distracted with another task, and the snack was gone by time I got back. Someone broke into my apartment, and ate all my cookies!!

They might still be in your house...just sayin
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #380 on: December 26, 2017, 11:55:21 AM »

Grandma is still in the hospital and still doing better. She'll have to go to rehab to get her strength back and then she's staying for at least a month (hopefully permanently) at my aunts. She's been going through severe nicotine withdrawals in there, but she's going to give up smoking after a 50 year habit. She's breathing on her own and they've got her on antibiotics to clear up the pneumonia. I still can't believe how far from the edge she's come - a Christmas miracle for sure!

This of course means that I too will have to quit smoking. I'm waiting to after the New Year though, since she'll still be in some form of care until mid January.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #381 on: December 26, 2017, 12:57:49 PM »

Grandma is still in the hospital and still doing better. She'll have to go to rehab to get her strength back and then she's staying for at least a month (hopefully permanently) at my aunts. She's been going through severe nicotine withdrawals in there, but she's going to give up smoking after a 50 year habit. She's breathing on her own and they've got her on antibiotics to clear up the pneumonia. I still can't believe how far from the edge she's come - a Christmas miracle for sure!

This of course means that I too will have to quit smoking. I'm waiting to after the New Year though, since she'll still be in some form of care until mid January.

I quit smoking almost two years ago, but December 31st was the last day I had a cigarette.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #382 on: December 26, 2017, 01:32:10 PM »

Hope your grandma continues to get better!
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #383 on: December 26, 2017, 06:02:23 PM »

After spending all day talking to the right people, I am officially allowed entry into Israel, will be going within the next three weeks to visit relatives for the first time.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #384 on: December 26, 2017, 06:12:40 PM »

After spending all day talking to the right people, I am officially allowed entry into Israel, will be going within the next three weeks to visit relatives for the first time.

Congrats!
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #385 on: December 26, 2017, 11:04:45 PM »

Trying to think of New Year resolutions. So far, I have the ever-so-distant prospect of hormones, beating Banjo-Tooie all the way through (third time's the charm, right?), losing some weight, and finally getting a life. Although I hope to be surprised (duh), I fully expect to be 0 for 4.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #386 on: December 27, 2017, 12:09:17 AM »

Hope your grandma continues to get better!
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #387 on: December 27, 2017, 12:11:21 AM »

Trying to think of New Year resolutions. So far, I have the ever-so-distant prospect of hormones, beating Banjo-Tooie all the way through (third time's the charm, right?), losing some weight, and finally getting a life. Although I hope to be surprised (duh), I fully expect to be 0 for 4.
My New Years resolutions include: not committing sexual harassment, growing a beard, and saving up money so I can buy myself a new car.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #388 on: December 27, 2017, 12:15:38 AM »
« Edited: December 27, 2017, 12:38:40 AM by Badger »

My kids are 9 and 7 and, to my shame, have never woken up in their own beds on Christmas before. We've always gone to my family's in Pittsburgh for Christmas Eve, or once to my in-laws in western Ohio. This year was a long overdue change. My youngest still believes in Santa, and the older to my surprise said he "gets" that all the Santa's in the malls etc. aren't real, but that there's only one "real" Santa. Cheesy I honestly don't know if he's just humoring us. Yes, he's that bright.

Anyway, it was heaven on earth to have the kids come downstairs and see all the presents under the tree and love opening them. My parents came in for a bona-fide goose and stuffing dinner (plus a dish of briyani with duck eggs--God my wife can cook). And creamed spinach like we had the one time we ate at Delmonico's. And I made gin punch like the Cratchits had (according to a recipe I found on line).

My kids of their own volition--ok, influenced by their father's love bordering on obsession with A Christmas Carol--put on their own production of the story for my parents (well, at least for Marley's ghost and the Ghost of Christmas Past. They didn't have time to prepare the rest and forgot after our dinnertime break). Based on the George C. Scott version and the English Musical "Scrooge!", we played both 20 Questions and The Minister's Cat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-Nh7tXEX00

Yeah, a damned fine Christmas. Smiley
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #389 on: December 27, 2017, 12:41:35 AM »

My kids are 9 and 7 and, to my shame, have never woken up in their own beds on Christmas before. We've always gone to my family's in Pittsburgh for Christmas Eve, or once to my in-laws in western Ohio. This year was a long overdue change. My youngest still believes in Santa, and the older to my surprise said he "gets" that all the Santa's in the malls etc. aren't real, but that there's only one "real" Santa. Cheesy I honestly don't know if he's just humoring us. Yes, he's that bright.

Anyway, it was heaven on earth to have the kids come downstairs and see all the presents under the tree and love opening them. My parents came in for a bona-fide goose and stuffing dinner (plus a dish of briyani with duck eggs--God my wife can cook). And creamed spinach like we had the one time we ate at Delmonico's. And I made gin punch like the Cratchits had (according to a recipe I found on line).

My kids of their own volition--ok, influenced by their father's love bordering on obsession with A Christmas Carol--put on their own production of the story for my parents (well, at least for Marley's ghost and the Ghost of Christmas Past. They didn't have time to prepare the rest and forgot after our dinnertime break). Based on the George C. Scott version and the English Musical "Scrooge!", we played both 20 Questions and The Minister's Cat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-Nh7tXEX00

I really don't like consumerism and materialism but seeing kids getting excited about opening and getting Christmas presents makes me really happy. I'm glad you got to share that with your children.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #390 on: December 27, 2017, 01:02:12 AM »

Great memories that will be cherished for a lifetime!
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #391 on: December 27, 2017, 02:15:45 AM »

That’s so sweet, Badger. Kids doing plays is always so heartwarming — especially something as subtly political as A Christmas Carol. Get ‘em started young.

In other news, I am struggling bigly to figure out Snapchat. TIP
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #392 on: December 27, 2017, 02:16:43 AM »

glad to hear shes doing better, chairman.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #393 on: December 27, 2017, 07:40:08 AM »

My grandfather, who has smoked his entire life, hasn’t smoked once in thirteen days, if I’m counting right. I’m truly glad.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #394 on: December 27, 2017, 03:58:34 PM »

A close family friend has passed away.
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #395 on: December 27, 2017, 04:01:36 PM »

May they rest in peace.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #396 on: December 28, 2017, 09:56:40 AM »

I'm really sorry for your loss.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #397 on: December 28, 2017, 03:35:39 PM »

Last months proved to me there's pretty much no one I can depend when I need. I'm actually glad I don't have to delude myself anymore.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #398 on: December 28, 2017, 04:20:05 PM »

Been in Florida for 2 weeks now and this alligator shows up in front of my parents house every day...being bored, I started feeding it and now it won't go away lulz

Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #399 on: December 28, 2017, 10:06:18 PM »

Two stray dogs just got into our house while we were gone(opened unlocked back door with their mouth) and killed one of our cats in the dining room. For the religious ones, please pray for me.dp
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies