Most Partisan Modern President Besides The Obvious Two? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 05:24:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Most Partisan Modern President Besides The Obvious Two? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
FDR

Truman

Eisenhower

JFK

LBJ

Ford

Carter

Reagan

Bush 1

Clinton

Bush 2

Obama

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 72

Author Topic: Most Partisan Modern President Besides The Obvious Two?  (Read 3485 times)
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« on: August 04, 2018, 03:35:55 PM »

I’m going with Obama. He didn’t even bother to sit down with the Republicans, and even if they were partially to blame, he still disproportionately blamed them for every problem they had, even those of his own making.

LOL. Republicans really do live in their own little world. The Republicans got 95% of what they wanted in every bipartisan deal under Obama EXCEPT the one time Patty Murray led negotiations (which were on the budget -- she actually got a very favorable deal for Democrats, which just goes to show it wasn't inevitable that Democrats give away the barn to Republicans every other time.)

Also, Obama has been exceptionally NOT active in partisan politics, which you would realize if you were old enough to remember more than W and Obama. The only reason W was even less active was because no one wanted to be seen with him.

Dude he just released a list of 81 endorsements. campaigned for Ralph Northam, and released an essay rebuking the current administration’s decision against the Iran Deal. And did he not plant his feet in the mud after a while, yes or no?

Also, no need to be condescending. Big problem with Atlas Dems.

*says something blatantly untrue and gets called out on it*

"Woah, why are you being mean to me?"

Sorry snowflake, this isn't your fake news safe zone where you get to rewrite history.

Many of the people on this forum have a bad habit of using ad hominem attacks, as I've noticed and noted before. I am not sure what purpose these attacks accomplish, other than to inflame tensions and cause more trouble then what it's worth.

As to the question in the title, I'm not sure who I would count as the most partisan modern President. Every President is partisan in someway (i.e. FDR with his court-packing scheme, Truman with his attacks on the "good-for-nothing" 80th Congress, Reagan for his attacks on liberals, Trump with his attacks and insults against a wide spectrum of Democrats); that's just a function of the job.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 12:09:17 AM »

To Reagan's credit, he never held a get-out-the-vote rally for a literal pedophile all in the name to salvage a Senate seat.

Reagan endorsed Dennis Hastert back in 1986 when he ran for a House seat.

Hastert's pedophilia wasn't widely known about back then. Of course, no one excuses his behavior, but that has to be kept in mind.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 12:33:10 AM »

To Reagan's credit, he never held a get-out-the-vote rally for a literal pedophile all in the name to salvage a Senate seat.

Reagan endorsed Dennis Hastert back in 1986 when he ran for a House seat.

Hastert's pedophilia wasn't widely known about back then. Of course, no one excuses his behavior, but that has to be kept in mind.

Probably because Reagan liked what Roy Moore liked:

Elizabeth Taylor's wild love life revealed: She had sex with Ronald Reagan aged 15

Well I didn't know about this. What was the age of consent back then?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies