Predict who will be governor.... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:25:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Predict who will be governor.... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Predict who will be governor....  (Read 14293 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: June 29, 2009, 12:44:22 PM »

PA - Tom Knox (D)

I really think 2010 will be a Republican year.

Tongue

So you definitely did that just to get a reaction, eh?  Wink
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 02:23:27 PM »

PA - Tom Knox (D)

Tongue

There are no Pennsylvania Republican who could seriously challenge Knox.

Ok, this is definitely a joke. Two time statewide elected Attorney General Tom Corbett cannot seriously challenge Knox? Jim Gerlach, who has survived some of the hardest Congressional races of any member of Congress and who comes from a major swing area, cannot seriously challenge Knox? Pat Meehan, the very well connected and very well respected former U.S. Attorney and former District Attorney for Delaware county cannot seriously challenge Knox?

Do you even know a thing about Knox and how grossly out of touch he is (not to mention the fact that he's in his 70s, has no charisma and his attempts to buy office have annoyed Republicans and Democrats)?

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 04:29:06 PM »

PA - Tom Knox (D)

Tongue

Now HE definitely did that just to get a reaction from Phil.

Exactly  Tongue
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 11:34:43 PM »
« Edited: June 29, 2009, 11:36:54 PM by Keystone Phil »

PA - Tom Knox (D)

Tongue

Ok, this is definitely a joke. Two time statewide elected Attorney General Tom Corbett cannot seriously challenge Knox? Jim Gerlach, who has survived some of the hardest Congressional races of any member of Congress and who comes from a major swing area, cannot seriously challenge Knox? Pat Meehan, the very well connected and very well respected former U.S. Attorney and former District Attorney for Delaware county cannot seriously challenge Knox?

Do you even know a thing about Knox and how grossly out of touch he is (not to mention the fact that he's in his 70s, has no charisma and his attempts to buy office have annoyed Republicans and Democrats)?

I only know what my 5 min Wikipedia research told me. I just think Pennsylvania is trending Democrat of late. However, I do think it will be close.

Your rant was amusing for some reason.

I don't claim to be an expert on Pennsylvanian politics.

Uh....where to begin?

The Wiki article "told" you that Knox will get no serious challenge? You're seriously going to cite Wikipedia for analysis of this race? Tell me exactly what Wikipedia said that made you claim Knox won't get serious opposition by the PA GOP.

You expect the race to be close...but you said no PA Republican can seriously challenge Knox. Uh?

You don't claim to be an expert on PA politics...but decide to make a ridiculous claim that some old guy who lost a Philly Mayoral primary by double digits (when he was supposed to win) won't get any serious opposition by the PA GOP?

Also, you cite the Wiki article but totally ignore Tom Corbett and Pat Meehan and the heavyhitters that Knox will potentially face in the primary?

I didn't "rant" about anything; I was stating the obvious in response to a totally, totally inaccurate post that has been been laughed off by more people than just myself.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 11:54:35 PM »

I'll make it more reasonable.

CA - Whitman (R) Don't underestimate the advantage money has, especially in a big state
TX - Hutchison (R)
NY - Giuliani (R) Ya never know, it is my right to dream
FL - McCollum (R)
IL - Cross (R) Democrats are probably damaged by Burris and Blago.
PA - Tom Knox (D) Robert Mellow(D)
OH - Kasich (R)
MI - Hoekstra (R)

Wink

Possibly even more ridiculous.  Tongue

Mellow as the nominee would be a blast for the GOP.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 12:24:03 PM »

I assumed that Knox would have an advantage because of his money. Huh

Money is a double edged sword (especially with a guy like Knox who can't pull off the "Oh, I'm just a regular guy...with a few billion"). Plus, he has plenty of other negatives. Check the PA thread.  Wink
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 12:32:34 PM »

A lot of people think Knox could pull it off in PA.  Even I think he has an uphill battle.

Take a look at whose saying that - they're a bunch of people around here that have no idea what's going on. There aren't "a lot of people" thinking he can win in PA.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies