Sex-Orientation Discrimination Bill (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 10:54:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Sex-Orientation Discrimination Bill (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How would you vote on it?
Democrat -Aye

Democrat -Nay

Republican -Aye

Republican -Nay

independent/third party -Aye

independent/third party -Nay

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 41

Author Topic: Sex-Orientation Discrimination Bill  (Read 5432 times)
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« on: January 22, 2006, 10:32:01 PM »

Strongly support.

Obviously Emsworth, Jake, A18 and the others here have never experienced discrimination before, so they don't know what they're talking about.

What really bugs me is that every gay rights issue these days has to have marriage dragged into it. Hopefully thats not the case here.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 10:06:01 PM »

Obviously Emsworth, Jake, A18 and the others here have never experienced discrimination before, so they don't know what they're talking about.
How exactly would you be in a position to know whether any of us has experienced discrimination? In any event, whether we have or have not experienced it is completely irrelevant.

I am 100% sure that none of you have experienced the type of discrimination this bill aims to prevent. It may be irrelevant, I wasn't making a legal arguement. A person's experience with discrimination directly affects his views, so it is related.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 10:09:42 PM »

How exactly would you be in a position to know whether any of us has experienced discrimination? In any event, whether we have or have not experienced it is completely irrelevant.

I am 100% sure that none of you have experienced the type of discrimination this bill aims to prevent. It may be irrelevant, I wasn't making a legal arguement. A person's experience with discrimination directly affects his views, so it is related.

Pym, is there something you want to tell us?

Not at the moment, I'm watching the Canadian Election Results
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies