Argentina Legislative Elections, November 14 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:42:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Argentina Legislative Elections, November 14 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Argentina Legislative Elections, November 14  (Read 9037 times)
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« on: December 01, 2021, 04:23:45 PM »

And speaking of, the liberal lists of Avanza Libertad and La Libertad Avanza got 4 seats, but it's unclear wheter they'll form a single bloc or separate ones. Espert says they're discussing it but Milei says they aren't and he doesn't seem too keen on it.
This just a feeling i have, and I won't make any predictions, but it wouldn't surprise me, given the very strong personalities of their members (especially of Milei), if by 2023 all four have gone their separate ways. It kinda reminds me of the "Somos vida" list that got five seats in the provincial legislature of Santa Fe in 2019, a personality driven, anti-abortion alliance that quickly disolved due to internal dissagrements (two of those legislators are now with JxC).

They're thinking of splitting apart due to differences in strategy.

Espert has the straightforward goal of cooperating with Juntos in some kind of giant anti-government primary. He tried to negotiate such an arrangement for the legislative election but was stymied by the local CC and UCR. Still, his priority is clearly to unseat Todos by any means necessary and after his good result I'd imagine he'd have a much easier time convincing JxC to let him participate in their PASO under favourable conditions.

Whereas Milei has a much more ambitious (and crazy) goal: to unite the right wing of PRO, the remaining Federal Peronists and the various right wing provincial parties into a broad right of center coalition against both Kirchner and Larreta. Some of those he's mentioned include Patricia Bullrich, former Salta governor JM Urtubey, current Córdoba governor Juan Schiaretti and even ex-President Macri. If they somehow came together it would definitely be a major force with nationally recognized figures but having so many big heads could actually be a disadvantage. However much they might talk favourably of Milei to try to win his supporters, would the former President or the most notable Federal Peronist governor with presidential ambitions actually subordinate themselves to a wacky TV economist? My guess is not.

Nevertheless, he's already started travelling and generating press, with his first event in Formosa in support of a local libertarian leader arrested earlier in the year for protests that accused the local government of being dictatorial. This accusation was swiftly disproven when a kid that was at the event was identified and received a threatening friendly call from his teacher: "Gildo te tiene controlado, si fuiste a joder con ese Milei, perdiste"

Oh and also the poll by poll results map updated for the general election is up. Shoutout to station "Escuela N°05 Roberto Billinghurst" in Parque Avellaneda for being the only one where Milei won more votes than Vidal.

Can you elaborate more on the differences between Larreta and Macri?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies