Pork or beef? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:06:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Pork or beef? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which meat do you prefer?
Pork

Beef

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: Pork or beef?  (Read 836 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« on: October 07, 2015, 11:28:23 AM »

Depends upon what I'm doing.  For tacos I prefer beef.  For pizza, I prefer pork.  For sandwiches I can go either way.  We have roast beef and smoked ham in the refrigerator now.  Today I'm having roast beef with mozzarella cheese, garlic, hummus, tomato, cucumber, mayonnaise, and mustard on whole wheat.  Tomorrow I may have ham with mozzarella cheese, sliced jalapeńos, onion, tomato, lettuce, mustard, and mayonnaise on a crusty sourdough bātard.

So what sandwich do you have today and how long does it take to create a monstrosity like that?  Smiley
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 11:08:41 AM »

Depends upon what I'm doing.  For tacos I prefer beef.  For pizza, I prefer pork.  For sandwiches I can go either way.  We have roast beef and smoked ham in the refrigerator now.  Today I'm having roast beef with mozzarella cheese, garlic, hummus, tomato, cucumber, mayonnaise, and mustard on whole wheat.  Tomorrow I may have ham with mozzarella cheese, sliced jalapeńos, onion, tomato, lettuce, mustard, and mayonnaise on a crusty sourdough bātard.

So what sandwich do you have today and how long does it take to create a monstrosity like that?  Smiley

I was actually out of ham and only had a couple of very thin slices of roast beef this morning, so I'll have tuna on whole wheat.  I'll put mayo on one side, brown mustard on the other, with cucumber and tomato on the mayo side, onion and jalapeno on the mustard side.  Around noon I'll open up a can of tuna, drink the delicious tuna juice, then put the tuna in the middle and toast it for a few minutes just to get the bread crispy.  I have a banana, a pear, and a 12-ounce can of Coca Cola to wash it down. 

Today is Tropical Day, apparently, at my son's school, so I had to get out my smallest floral shirt.  I have a bunch of them and found one almost fits him.  Also, we found some plastic lei for him to wear, and sandals.  It may just be the last day of the year warm enough for this.  It's 58 now, with an expected high of 77.  After today I think it will be cold. 

I'm being supportive.  I'll be in floral shirt, cargo shorts, and sandals as well.  I have one lecture and one meeting, but no labs.  Actually, Friday is the only day of the week when I don't have anything planned in the laboratory, so it's the one day that I could actually wear sandals to work.  I may wear a plastic lei as well, if I can drum up the courage to do it.

angus > coolest professor ever.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 12:29:47 PM »

Neither (vegetarian). But even when I ate meat, I was never fond of any cow products, beef or steak, so pork.

There are veggieterians in TX?  Who knew?  Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies