Keith Olbermann Smacks Down O'Reilly and Gibson (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:46:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Keith Olbermann Smacks Down O'Reilly and Gibson (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Keith Olbermann Smacks Down O'Reilly and Gibson  (Read 8684 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« on: December 29, 2005, 01:40:09 PM »

Wait a sec?  Was jamfest quoting the bible?  That's new.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 01:17:14 PM »

God himself determines and picks the rulers of all the countries and sets the timeframe of their rule.  That doesn’t mean every ruler seeks justice or is a godly person, it just means that God is in control of the events of this world and the events are unfolding according to God’s plan.

What happened to free will?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 01:36:45 PM »

They sure did have a lot of imagination back in those days, I'll give 'em that.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 02:17:25 PM »

Even if you were ashamed of your sexuality, it's not like you can do anything about it.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 02:41:47 PM »

Uh... no.  Picking out yet another Bible quote proves nothing.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2005, 06:53:25 PM »

Uh... no.  Picking out yet another Bible quote proves nothing.

I am not saying it "proves" anything to unbelievers, for it is a message to believers. 

But, your comment to Afleitch that there is nothing he can do about his sexual orientation is NOT in agreement with the New Testament, for Christ stated he died to free us from our sins.

If Afleitch wants to listen to your unbelieving advice, which goes against the teachings of Jesus, then that is his choice.  But I'm simply pointing out he DOES have the option to do something about it.

Who cares if it doesn't agree with what some dusty old book says?  The fact is, being gay is not a conscious choice, and therefore there is nothing anybody can do about it even if they wanted to.  I would rather take the word of people who are actually gay and are alive, than that of some guy who lived two thousand years ago and has had most of his life history fabricated since then.

Plus, your implication that Afleitch would want to do anything about it anyway speaks volumes.  Don't you care that he has a loving partner and is happy with his life?

(I'm making some assumptions there, afleitch, so correct me if I'm off the mark.)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2005, 07:51:27 PM »

Again, you're using that book to decide what is good for other people.  How about you let them decide for themselves whether, (A) what they do is 'wrong', and (B) whether they should continue doing it.  As long as they are consenting and not hurting anybody else, what right do you and your book have to tell them what to do?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies