AZ-SEN 2022 Megathread: Mastering the Art of the Thiel (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 01:31:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AZ-SEN 2022 Megathread: Mastering the Art of the Thiel (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AZ-SEN 2022 Megathread: Mastering the Art of the Thiel  (Read 46362 times)
Lognog
United States

« on: April 09, 2021, 12:38:30 PM »

This race is a very 2010 like election. Easily winnable race for the GOP which is out of power. Only to be torpedoed by the dumbest people in the party. I'm not optimistic about 2022, but I really can't see Bigs, Gosar, or Ward beating Kelly
Lognog
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 07:16:40 PM »

Brnovich would make this race tilt R
Lognog
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2021, 02:39:01 PM »

Ducey would have been a strong candidate in 2020, but 2022 is likely a different story. He may not even win the primary if Trump goes against him and in the general he could struggle with Republican turnout for simply confirming Joe Biden's presidential win. He won't get support from Democrats and leaners either.

yeah the last GOP governor that "didn't fight hard enough for Trump", Kemp, could lose a primary as an incumbent governor. I really think the AZ GOP is too far gone to nominate someone that isn't drinking the kool aid of the big lie. Also, I really don't think Trump likes the guy. There are so many trumpists for trump to chose from, I highly doubt he wants Ducey.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2021, 05:41:02 PM »

Trump comes out against Brnovich. If Democrats keep the Senate they can thank the God Emperor and his deranged rants for nominating lunatics like Parnell in Pennsylvania, while sabotaging high quality candidates like Brnovich in Arizona. This guy is probably the single biggest obstacle to his own party taking back the Senate.

4D chess move of hurting the chances of the most (general election) electable candidate to own the people not supporting the big lie.

Seriously, this is how they end up with Ducey and he completely flops this winnable race for R's. Literally 2010 over again. Kelly is by no means unbeatable, unless Republicans force him to be
Lognog
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2021, 11:22:54 AM »

I'd take this tweet with a grain of salt, but it's interesting nonetheless.

1. could certainly see Trump doing this, and I hope he does because that would make Kelly's life much easier

2. I doubt it but it's possible. Not really many good choices for him anyways while also not any anti-trumpers

3. At this point I'll be surpised if Johnson retires. He really believes his own BS and thinks he has a duty to save the country from his imaginary enemies

4. yeah this one is pretty obvious
Lognog
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2021, 11:36:13 AM »

Is this REALLY the hill these people want to die on? Kelly is certainly far from unbeatable, but this is what we mean when we say the GOP could nominate someone who might blow it.
Important to note that he's not saying anything about ballots in that video, rather he's talking about how one sided social media censorship made the election unfair from the beginning, which is factually true.

The reason it was one sided is becuase as it happens one side was spreading lies about the election and the other wasn't
Lognog
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2021, 12:22:20 PM »

Is this REALLY the hill these people want to die on? Kelly is certainly far from unbeatable, but this is what we mean when we say the GOP could nominate someone who might blow it.
Important to note that he's not saying anything about ballots in that video, rather he's talking about how one sided social media censorship made the election unfair from the beginning, which is factually true.

The reason it was one sided is becuase as it happens one side was spreading lies about the election and the other wasn't

Censorship before the election, not after.

Yes, that was happening before the election too
Lognog
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2022, 03:52:03 PM »

Trump would be a fool to endorse Masters, he's probably the weakest candidate to run against Kelly.

That would go to Lamon.

Eh, I kinda think Lamon is as “generic R” as possible. He has less baggage than Masters, IMO, and hasn’t done everything to please no one like Brno.
I think Masters is a smarter campaigner and has a higher chance of winning than Lamon. Lamon seems like he could falter if Kelly runs a good campaign.
I agree. Even though Blake Masters is an insurrectionist, he is running a very strong campaign and is positioning himself as a more moderate Republican more aligned with Theodore Roosevelt, Dwight Eisenhower, Richard Nixon, and Gerald Ford when compared to Mark Brnovich, who is a throwback to the old Reagan-era Republican establishment.

The guy is backed by Peter Thiel and managed a hedge fund. He thinks that Griswald should be overturned. In what possible world could you see him as moderate on social or fiscal issues. This is a joke
Lognog
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2022, 09:07:03 PM »

The guy is backed by Peter Thiel and managed a hedge fund. He thinks that Griswald should be overturned. In what possible world could you see him as moderate on social or fiscal issues. This is a joke

Not sure what managing a hedge fund says about his economic views, unless he's planning to manage a hedge fund while in office. (He's not.) All this means is he has enough money to think for himself (or for Thiel), unlike most donor-reliant politicians.

Yeah but it is Thiel hedge fund, meaning he is backed by someone who hold very right wing economic views
Lognog
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2022, 09:44:01 PM »

Not sure what managing a hedge fund says about his economic views, unless he's planning to manage a hedge fund while in office. (He's not.) All this means is he has enough money to think for himself (or for Thiel), unlike most donor-reliant politicians.

Yeah but it is Thiel hedge fund, meaning he is backed by someone who hold very right wing economic views

The National Conservatism that Thiel has embraced isn't economically very right wing in the conventional sense. Hawley, Vance & Masters want to move the GOP in a more populist direction, with an interest in opposing tech monopolies and providing more economic support for families.

I don't know what reality you are living in but those Republicans have repeated blocked or wish to block things like the CTC which actually help working families
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies