favorite fork (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:28:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  favorite fork (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What's your favorite fork
Dinner fork

Fish fork

Lunch fork

lobster fork

fruit fork

pitchfork

other fork

Forks are a distraction for the other utensils on the front lines of combat, so I never use them.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 27

Author Topic: favorite fork  (Read 1714 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: February 17, 2012, 05:26:38 PM »

Oh my goodness I wish I were rich enough to use all those forks!

Here in Thailand we only rarely use chopsticks, angus, and only for noodle soups, along with that weird little Chinese spoon.

For 90%+ of meals we use one large, heavy spoon and one large fork.. the spoon is held in the right hand and the fork in the left.  It is the most astoundingly efficient mode of eating - the Thais as always have a natural way of doing everything better, effortlessly.

King Chulalunkorn (I think it was him).. Rama V.. forced the populace to use 'western utensils', and so they immediately set about using them in the way I describe above.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 10:01:13 AM »

For 90%+ of meals we use one large, heavy spoon and one large fork.. the spoon is held in the right hand and the fork in the left.

I'd love to use one of those large spoons, as a left-handed I'd imagine this configuration would fit me, does it fit right-handed people?

Of course - it is natural to use the spoon in your dominant hand, as it is the utensil doing 80% of the work.  The fork is just for pushing stuff into the spoon, and occasionally stabbing something which isn't so easy to get into the spoon.  And there is no rule that you lefties can't reverse it.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 08:49:26 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I never had a bad snail.  All the snails I've eaten were pretty damn tasty, and I can't recall ever haven eaten them with anything other than the fork with which I was presented, which was probably either a dinner fork, a salad fork, or maybe a lunch fork.  Well, at least it had four tynes and looked fairly unremarkable otherwise. 

What the heck kind of restaurant would have snails on the menu, angus, and then serve them with a huge dinner fork?  I enjoy and quite like snails, and do occasionally eat them here, but mostly ate them at fancy restaurants back in the STL, where they invariably served them with very small forks for fishing them out.  Seriously man, did they have snails at Ryan's Steak House or something?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies