Will Trump be below Buchanan in historical rankings? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:00:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Will Trump be below Buchanan in historical rankings? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will Donald Trump go below James Buchanan in historical rankings?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 100

Author Topic: Will Trump be below Buchanan in historical rankings?  (Read 2504 times)
tjstarling
Rookie

« on: November 07, 2020, 08:43:16 AM »

Trump has been no where near as bad as Buchanan, and honestly these 5 president are still worse

1. James Buchanan
2. Franklin Pierce
3. Andrew Johnson
4. Herbert Hoover
5. John Tyler

Yeah I’m not about to be a hack and say that Trump was even anywhere close to the worst president we’ve ever had. Not even the worst president we’ve had in the 2000s. That (dis)honor should obviously go to George W. Bush. Bush would probably make it close to my bottom 5 and Trump would be around my bottom 8.
I tend to agree with OSR’s list. I may swap Johnson and Pierce and I’d probably put Trump in place of Tyler. Pre-Covid I was inclined to think the damage caused by W’s presidency was more extensive and more long-term than Trump’s. I’m not sure anymore. I think perhaps when viewing things from a global perspective, W’s actions and missteps are slightly worse. But I think Trump has, internally, within this country, done more to destroy the social and institutional fabrics of America. Politics and elections are rather joyless affairs now a days (he doesn’t deserve all the blame for this of course). No man has left the office of the president weaker and more diminished in modern times.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies