Updates to forum (ongoing) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 03:46:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Updates to forum (ongoing) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Updates to forum (ongoing)  (Read 31215 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« on: March 26, 2020, 02:26:58 AM »

Can we get avatars for Pakistan and Malaysia? And also, I'm troubled by the length of the Chile avatar. I realize it's an unusually-shaped country, but it makes posts take up an unnecessary amount of screen real estate.

Then we need UAE, too Tongue
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 10:45:24 AM »

Chile and Norway avatars look like a bockbone, LOL.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 01:39:29 AM »

I thought about making a new shade of the previous icon, but to be honest, I just hated that. It wasn't clear what it even meant unless you read the legend at the bottom of the forum index page, and the basic style wasn't intuitive at all. Ideally, that kind of thing shouldn't need a legend. You should understand just by looking at it.

These are actually more informative than before in that there is a new icon that describes exactly what is "new." Before, it would be green if there were new posts on the main board or a sub-board, and dark gray if there was no new posts at all.

Now, it shows a faded pair of blank paper for no new posts, a regular, non-faded pair of papers for "new posts on sub board but NOT main board," and a regular pair of papers with scribbling (for text) to indicate new posts on the main board.

This looke better and more "modern" than before. Good work!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies