TX-SEN: True to Form (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:27:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TX-SEN: True to Form (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TX-SEN: True to Form  (Read 159165 times)
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« on: July 21, 2017, 09:14:35 PM »

He holds super pac money high and he lies! Lyin' Ted!
Give an example of a lie.

"Warning: Voter Violation!"
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 11:32:25 PM »

The only Texas Democrats that can win are Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich (yes, he can win) or Bill White, the son of former Texas Gov. Bill White.

Huh
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 11:58:45 PM »
« Edited: August 23, 2017, 12:02:11 AM by SteveRogers »

The only Texas Democrats that can win are Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich (yes, he can win) or Bill White, the son of former Texas Gov. Bill White.

Huh

Pops and McRaven are the only two that could even put this remotely in play in 2018.

Oh I agree that O'Rourke isn't winning this thing. McRaven would indeed be an interesting contender. I was more just perplexed by Bronz's insistence that Bill White's son (?) is somehow a top prospect (There is of course no former Texas Governor Bill White, so I'm a little confused as to whether Bronz is talking about the former Houston mayor and 2010 gov. candidate or his son who I've never heard of).
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 06:33:52 PM »

The Dui story could have legs in that he attempted to flee the scene and drove into an oncoming lane of traffic. He also got off scot-free because daddy was a powerful judge

[Citation Needed]

It sounds like because he had no prior criminal history, he was eligible for and successfully completed a pretty standard pretrial diversion program in order to avoid getting a conviction on his record. I obviously don’t know what the specifics would have been, but here in my jurisdiction that would mean court-ordered AA meetings and regular alcohol and drug testing for at least a year.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 08:57:10 PM »

The Dui story could have legs in that he attempted to flee the scene and drove into an oncoming lane of traffic. He also got off scot-free because daddy was a powerful judge

[Citation Needed]

It sounds like because he had no prior criminal history, he was eligible for and successfully completed a pretty standard pretrial diversion program in order to avoid getting a conviction on his record. I obviously don’t know what the specifics would have been, but here in my jurisdiction that would mean court-ordered AA meetings and regular alcohol and drug testing for at least a year.

Bush was tarred and feathered for his DUI when he was 18 the last weekend of the 2000 campaign.  So you will understand if I do not express any sympathy for little fake Beto.  Please note there was never an allegation of property damage or fleeing in the Bush case.  But Beto is a Democrat. This will probably win him the Presidency.

I’m not arguing that it’s unreasonable to criticize Beto for his DWI. It’s certainly fair game. I’m just asking if there’s any evidence to back up the allegations being flung around that Beto failed to take responsibility for his actions or “got off scott-free” or received some kind of special treatment because of his dad’s position. I haven’t seen any. Can you tell me what I’m missing?
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2018, 11:10:06 PM »

Just saw this Ted Cruz ad on tv after the Longhorn game. If this is the best Cruz has got, then I’m certainly starting to feel better about this thing.

https://youtu.be/fVebl3w3jEY
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2018, 06:40:11 PM »

They certainly each have different goals in this debate. Beto is trying to come across as reasonable and pragmatic to win over swing voters (while at the same time sticking unflinchingly to his liberal positions without any flip-flopping). Cruz on the other hand is preaching right wing dogma to energize his base. Hard to say which will be dubbed the winner.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2018, 06:47:08 PM »

Beto finally going on the attack a little.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2018, 01:52:36 PM »

Apparently trying to vote for Democrats is considered a form of “user error.” The machines are working as intended.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2018, 09:16:20 PM »

It’s gonna be pretty crazy if Beto wins while the Dems blow it everywhere else
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies