Anti-war stances of the Democrats (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:07:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Anti-war stances of the Democrats (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anti-war stances of the Democrats  (Read 1519 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« on: February 25, 2007, 08:11:33 PM »

Its true that the majority of Americans want to get out of Iraq ASAP.  Everyone in their right mind wants to get out of Iraq ASAP.  McCain's approach of waiting until the Iraqi's can fend for themselves is not good, but neither is Kucinich's plan of getting out immediately.  I think the answer is somewhere in between both plans, probably leaning more toward Kucinich's side.

I advocate pulling all but 10,000 or so troops home by June 2008, within 15 months of right now.  We should leave a very small remnant of troops in Iraq, not for combat purposes, but for peace-keeping purposes.  Thats kind of what we did in Bosnia and Kosovo in the late 1990s.  Of course, those two couldn't even compare to the quagmire we are in right now.  We need to keep the remnant there until January 2010, an extra 18 months after the rest leave.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 01:06:07 AM »

I am becoming more and more against the Iraqi quagmire as the weeks go by with no indication by this administration or the Congress for that matter that it wants to finally bring them home.

Congress wants to, but so far I don't see any guts from them to stand up to the President with something more than a non-binding resolution which everybody knows this bonehead that lives at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave won't pay any attention to.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies