Doug Jones votes with blue dogs and Trump on budget (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:24:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Doug Jones votes with blue dogs and Trump on budget (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Doug Jones votes with blue dogs and Trump on budget  (Read 6318 times)
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« on: January 21, 2018, 02:48:50 PM »
« edited: January 21, 2018, 02:53:02 PM by JFK »

This is completely meaningless in the long run, why are we arguing about this?

Because some left wingers think that anybody who's to the right of Saul Alinsky is a Nazi.
This entire discussion is why I am annoyed by Sandernistas, despite actually supporting many of the same policies as them. It seems that when given the choice of having:

Ideologically pure candidates lose to Republicans
OR
People who vote against our wishes once and a while but who are otherwise reliable Democratic votes beat Republicans, who will almost never vote for anything we want

many maroon avatars and some Democrats would choose the former over the latter, which is, to me, absurd.

Let Jones, Tester, Heitkamp, McCaskill, Manchin, and Donnelly be. They need to keep their seats. If they go off the deep end, then we can talk, but if they're only casting symbolic votes because of CHIP funding (and Tester didn't even do that) that actually has no real effect, leave them alone.
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 02:54:45 PM »

The only ones reflexively attacking or defending anyone here are centrists and liberals, who are excusing a Democrat’s crappy vote on the basis that it was... completely meaningless? Brilliant. Truly.

Jones should already be in everyone’s dog house for his inexplicable spying vote, but it’s clear that precious few people here will care about the substance of his voting record over the next few years.
He explicitly made a promise to his constituency that he'd help fund CHIP. He even reaffirmed it in his victory speech FFS. Voting against CHIP funding (even if CHIP was being held hostage by Republicans in order to avoid saving 900,000 people from deportation) literally a month after being elected on explicitly doing the opposite of that would be bad optics at best and using voters for their votes and subsequently discarding them when no longer needed (if, as you people say, he has no shot in 2020) at worst.
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 01:42:25 AM »

no seriously, I don't understand why everyone was so happy about doug jones winning??? need I remind you people that roy moore was an ALLEDGED pedophile, while dog jones is a CONFIRMED neoliberal shill?? Angry Angry Angry i knew he was bad when bernie didn't endorse him
LOLOLOL thought this was unironic at first
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies