Doug Jones votes with blue dogs and Trump on budget (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:26:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Doug Jones votes with blue dogs and Trump on budget (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Doug Jones votes with blue dogs and Trump on budget  (Read 6319 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: January 22, 2018, 07:10:47 PM »

This is getting silly. Doug Jones was never going to be a darling of the progressives.
He prevented Roy Moore from ascending into the federal government, that was his job.
Not unlike Joe Manchin, if he votes on the right side of an issue now and then, that's a bonus.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 09:01:41 PM »

The base won't hold this against him, but white Alabamians might. He needed some whites, especially college-educated whites, to win and he'll need them again in 2020.
What? White Alabamians would probably be more likely to vote for him if he votes like a centrist.

Have we tried running a progressive in Alabama?

Funny enough, in Idaho, the last 2 Democratic Senators were progressives. I bet a lot of non progressive Democrats have lost, but they elected Glen Taylor, and Frank Church, the former of whom was actually on the 1948 Progressive party ticket.

Yeah, times have changed. Maybe Frank Church could be elected dog catcher today. In Blaine County.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 01:02:50 AM »

The base won't hold this against him, but white Alabamians might. He needed some whites, especially college-educated whites, to win and he'll need them again in 2020.
What? White Alabamians would probably be more likely to vote for him if he votes like a centrist.

Have we tried running a progressive in Alabama?

I'm pretty sure it would be as effective as running a Klansman in Bronx.

Not an answer.

It was a hilarious reply though.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 04:58:32 PM »

no seriously, I don't understand why everyone was so happy about doug jones winning??? need I remind you people that roy moore was an ALLEDGED pedophile, while dog jones is a CONFIRMED neoliberal shill?? Angry Angry Angry i knew he was bad when bernie didn't endorse him

lol
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies