Big Business (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:12:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Big Business (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What is your opinion of Big Business?
Very Favorable

Favorable

Unfavorable

Very Unfavorable

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: Big Business  (Read 5421 times)
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P

« on: December 21, 2004, 02:42:12 AM »

Favorable. I hate to see Mainstreet USA go to pot because the Mom & Pop stores can't compete with Wal-Mart, but that's progress, I suppose.

Well, it's not progress in my opinion. It depends on how you look at it. The economy as well as humanity as a whole is best served by a balance of big business and small businesses. They both have their own advantages and disadvantages. It isn't in anyone's best interest (other than WalMart's) to drive smaller stores out of business. That means less competition, which is always bad and stifles a truly free market, not to mention all of the advantages of small business that are lost as a result (more personalized service, easier to find things in the store, many within walking distance of homes, or at least on mass transit routes so that it isn't as necessary to drive a car to get there, which reduces pollution and congestion, saving time and money for all).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies