WSJ: Special Counsel Mueller impanels Washington grand jury in Russia probe
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:22:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  WSJ: Special Counsel Mueller impanels Washington grand jury in Russia probe
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: WSJ: Special Counsel Mueller impanels Washington grand jury in Russia probe  (Read 3122 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2017, 02:31:22 PM »

Some of you are getting way too giddy on the timeframe. We're probably still a year or more out from real consequences.

Perfect timing!

Yea, I agree.
A year out or so, and if it falls in the middle of next summer, it will hurt the GOP in the Nov 2018 elections.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2017, 02:45:30 PM »

NBC: Mueller is using multiple grand juries in both Washington and Virginia
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2017, 02:48:02 PM »

Elmo cluster munition!

Can you imagine getting this for jury duty? (I mean I assume that's how this works, but I don't know)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2017, 02:50:40 PM »

From that article:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2017, 03:22:52 PM »

Elmo cluster munition!

Can you imagine getting this for jury duty? (I mean I assume that's how this works, but I don't know)

I had a grad school classmate that was in a DC grad jury and it was hell for him. It's a six month term and he had to rearrange work, school, studying and basic life around it.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2017, 04:58:17 PM »

So, have many Democrats here let the idea of President Pence sink in yet?

Thank you to the many thoughtful responses to this post. P Brower made what was to me the most Salient point that Pence has a lesser chance of igniting War with North Korea and / or a ran. Nevertheless, I'm not sure how many Democrats here have grasped the concept that, just as many of them say the excuses that trumps legislation has failed in Congress because of congress's lack of leadership rather than Trump's is a fallacy, Pence may very well be at least effective enough to get Trump's agenda past before the 2020 election. Not to mention that, although Trump has pretty much handed over control of any social issue policies to theocrats in the mode of Pence, kobach, and sessions, Pence is indeed a True Believer on that front. Is anyone here willing to say that it can't get worse without mullah Mike in the Oval Office? Or that trumpcare dash dash renamed Pence care but I essentially identical - - could have passed, let alone skinny repeal?

I'm just saying be careful what you wish for. While it's highly unlikely anything will happen before the 2018 elections, it's not at all clear the Democrats can win back either the house or the Senate do to gerrymandering and a bad cycle map respectively. Pence would essentially be given a new mandate by the public to get things done and likely still have any narrow Congressional majority.

All I'm saying is be careful what you wish for, and think about how it really would play out with Mike Pence as president with even a narrow Congressional majority. You may be disappointed.

But yes, I have to concur with P Brower that, while I'm not convinced even Trump can't be talked out of out-and-out war with Iran or North Korea, the tremendous threat his mental instability brings to foreign policy makes it worth it.

Personally, I'm all about Kasich 2020. Smiley
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2017, 05:49:24 PM »

Some of you are getting way too giddy on the timeframe. We're probably still a year or more out from real consequences.

Perfect! This will inflict maximum damage if this is the case.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies