Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:26:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 149914 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: October 14, 2018, 07:25:52 PM »

Brah im gonna get plastered 2night just watch lmao
Awesome brah.  Be safe
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 10:54:14 AM »

Interesting weekend. On Saturday I ran into a former classmate of mine I always had a thing for at a coffee shop and she said we should “catch up”; may be worth my attention. This morning I went hiking with a friend at a state park and we found ourselves sharing the trail with a 5/10K. We made sure to grab pizza and coffee from the table after we crossed the finish line. Mass tonight focused on the canonization of Oscar Romero; though Romero was a Dominican(?), the Jesuits at my school are very involved in Latin American issues and pretty activist, so they have a great appreciation for him.
You should ask her out for coffee.  You know both of you like it.  It’s a day time date so if she’s with a guy already it’s not awkward and it’s laid back and open ended.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 01:58:06 PM »

Coffee first, then graduate to a drink
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 10:33:00 AM »

Grandma died five minutes ago. I want to tear my teeth out.
I’m sorry for your loss.  She lives on in your heart and mind.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 12:23:36 PM »

My mind has been so ed for the past year now. I always beat myself up for no reason, but I just genuinely think there's no way I could actually do it. I'm an ugly boy, and that's just something I need to admit to myself. I can't do it. I'm not a girl. There's no way I could fit in. I just can't imagine a way in which I'm not a disgusting freak show. I need to stop lying to myself. I can't be a girl. It's something I need to admit to myself before I ruin myself. I'll never be valid. I'll never love myself. I'll never be happy.
This is a very sad post.  It seems as if you have wondered if you’re trans and are not sure and it’s all severely obscured by low self esteem and body image issues.  I don’t know if you already do, but talking to a counselor is a good idea.  Most likely your school has one and you can approach them.  They can help or get you in touch with someone who can help.

Lots of teens go through exactly what you’re going through.  I can guarantee you the ones who can talk about it and find help from someone trained to help end up much happier in the long run than those who dont.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2019, 05:56:14 PM »

Got home at 9:40pm and pigged out on a smorgasbord of Pollo Tropical chicken and stuff

Am now thoroughly disgusted by myself Sad
Interestingly:  Smorgasbord means "sandwich board"... smorgas refers to an open faced sandwich which is commonly eaten in Scandinavia and Germany in the traditionally non-main meals of the day.  They are often served to guests as well.

Smor means "butter" but it is where we get the word smear from.  Gas refers to goose, and together they refer to the chunks of butter that float when you churn the milk.

So you literally had a Smear-goose board of pollo tropical chicken and stuff.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2019, 12:49:44 PM »

Deciding between a job in my field and a fellowship in my other field. Pls help.
Plow both fields and plant teh marijuana.

What’s the pay/benefits/promotion path in the job(s) you’re seeking and would the fellowship and subsequent delay in financial benefit eventually result in making up the delayed pay?

Look at me...an ENFP telling an ISTJ how to think rationally Tongue. Purple heart ya Cath
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2019, 07:41:29 AM »

I'm very close to the end of my undergrad degree — three classes in progress, all fairly easy, plus a thesis that's in very good shape — but my god does every step closer feel like an eternity. I just wanna be done!
Then just remember eternity is longer than you think.  Then you can think again.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies