GER-Infratest dimap/ARD: Germany's 140 EV solidly in the Obama column (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:47:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  GER-Infratest dimap/ARD: Germany's 140 EV solidly in the Obama column (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GER-Infratest dimap/ARD: Germany's 140 EV solidly in the Obama column  (Read 5606 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« on: September 07, 2012, 01:16:21 AM »

New "Deutschland-Trend" poll by pollster Infratest dimap (does the Exit Polls in Germany together with ZDF/Forschungsgruppe Wahlen) for the ARD TV channel shows:

How would you rate the job Barack Obama is doing as President ?

17% Very Good
58% Good
13% Not so good
  3% Not good at all

http://www.tagesschau.de/multimedia/bilder/crbilderstrecke386.html
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 08:38:49 AM »

Doesn't surprise me. I'd be more interested in the 7% of Germans that support Romney. Who is that? I doubt anyone I know here is against Obama. NPD voters and xenophobics?
The two people I know who support the NPD are the same two [German] people I know who support Romney.

It actually surprises me that NPD voters would support Mitt Romney. After all he's a "Zionist puppet" and candidate of the "Jewish-American corporate elite". Tongue

Germany has a very tiny group of neo-conservatives who are staunchly pro-American (read pro-Republican) and pro-Israel (read pro-Likud), who supported the Iraq invasion in 2003 and would support an Israeli strike against Iran. Think Henryk M. Broder as an prominent example (ignore his religion please, there are also non-Jewish examples). I suppose most Romney supporters must come from that group.

You forgot rich people !

They mainly live in and around Munich, Frankfurt, Hamburg and Berlin and usually vote CDU/FDP (even though the majority of those party voters also back Obama over Romney - very easily also).
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 09:54:22 AM »

Romney just comes off as a fake greedy guy to people out of the United States while they see Obama as "Normal".

Not quite.

I know many Romney, and Gary Johnson supporters for that matter, in the UK.

Really ?

I think if you'd ask 1000 people here in Austria who Gary Johnson was, you'd be lucky to get 1 person to know that he's a former Gov. of New Mexico (me excluded of course Tongue).

I think most would assume that he's some actor or English football player etc.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies