Democratic Ides of March Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:12:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic Ides of March Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 33
Author Topic: Democratic Ides of March Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET)  (Read 45215 times)
musicblind
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2016, 03:23:30 PM »

Man, I was going to upload pictures of my polling place, but it said I had to have a minimum of 20 posts. I'm brand new. Maybe later tonight I'll have caught up to their minimum.

Anyway, here is what I found out.

It was pretty dead when WE were there, but the lady at the polling place said there had been 30 minute waits most of the day and we just missed the crowd.

I'm in an ultra conservative area, Randolph County, so that wouldn't reflect much on democrats.

There were no signs for Cruz, Kasich, Sanders, Clinton, or Rubio. There were signs for Trump. So, take that for whatever you might make of it?

I saw one other younger person there who was voting.

If I eventually do get to my 20 post requirement, I'll upload the pics of my polling place for you guys.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2016, 03:39:38 PM »

Man, I was going to upload pictures of my polling place, but it said I had to have a minimum of 20 posts. I'm brand new. Maybe later tonight I'll have caught up to their minimum.

It was pretty dead when WE were there, but the lady at the polling place said there had been 30 minute waits most of the day and we just missed the crowd.

I'm in an ultra conservative area, Randolph County, so that wouldn't reflect much on democrats.

There were no signs for Cruz, Kasich, Sanders, Clinton, or Rubio. There were signs for Trump. So, take that for whatever you might make of it?

If I eventually do get to my 20 post requirement, I'll upload the pics of my polling place for you guys.

I look forward to prognosticating the rest of the 2016 campaign based on your several photos of your polling place.

Thank you, hero!
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2016, 03:45:43 PM »

I look forward to prognosticating the rest of the 2016 campaign based on your several photos of your polling place.

Thank you, hero!

He voted for Clinton, lol!
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2016, 03:46:01 PM »

Just stopping by (I'll be spending most of the night in the Republican thread) to note that Bernie bumper stickers far outnumbered bumper stickers of any other candidate at my polling place's parking lot in western Cuyahoga County. Just anecdotal evidence, of course.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2016, 03:50:36 PM »

Just stopping by (I'll be spending most of the night in the Republican thread) to note that Bernie bumper stickers far outnumbered bumper stickers of any other candidate at my polling place's parking lot in western Cuyahoga County. Just anecdotal evidence, of course.

GREAT NEWS! 

Looks like Ohio's largest county is FEELIN THE BERN!  Vosem's original citizenship and astute observation of Illinois suggests great news in Illinois, as well! 

Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2016, 03:51:44 PM »

Here are the PredictIt betting prices. Clinton big favorite to win FL and NC and smaller favorite in OH. Bernie is favorite in MO odds are close to even

FL
Clinton   95¢       
Sanders   5¢       

NC
Clinton   91¢       
Sanders   9¢       

OH
Clinton   62¢       
Sanders   38¢       

IL
Clinton   57¢       
Sanders   47¢       

MO
Sanders   66¢       
Clinton   36¢       
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2016, 03:56:50 PM »

Florida is gonna give a very low turnout & Texas type result to Hillary - Not good!
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2016, 03:56:54 PM »

Is anybody else having a hard time seeing Illinois more pro-Sanders than Ohio?
musicblind
United States

« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2016, 03:57:03 PM »

Thank you, hero!

Actually no, I ended up voting for Senator Sanders.
musicblind
United States

« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2016, 03:57:51 PM »

There is good weather here in NC. It was 76 degrees and sunny near my polling place.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2016, 03:59:13 PM »

Normally yes, but I guess tying Hillary to Rahm is effective in the Chicago area.
bilaps
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2016, 03:59:45 PM »

Wrote that in some of the primary polls threads. Maybe it's a Rahm effect. If it's true we'll probably see bigger percentage for Sanders among black voters than in Michigan. So higher than 30%
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2016, 04:05:22 PM »

Thank you, hero!

Actually no, I ended up voting for Senator Sanders.

I was waiting for you to say that - Thanks for voting for Sanders.

I personally find it sad sometimes to vote for a candidate who I know will lose convincingly, which you will experience now in NC.

But if everything goes as per predictions, you will get to vote for Hillary Clinton anyways in the GE. In your words elect a younger, (maybe more) competent candidate with a more achievable agenda for President (another candidate you very much like) - Win-Win for you anyways - Cheers!
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2016, 04:07:39 PM »

https://twitter.com/DavidShuster/status/709844940713553920

This is honestly a bit shocking, dunno if authentic, but Hispanic vote is actually higher in overall % state wise compared to Black vote in Illinois.

If this is authentic - this guy is credible, it is good news for Sanders & definitely means Sanders has a good chance to win!

#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2016, 04:08:14 PM »

So are we getting exit polls soon?
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2016, 04:08:57 PM »

Bernie has surprised me in getting a lot of minority leader support in Chicago. I'm still optimistic for some reason, but if I had to put money on it I would say Bernie is going to win. Let's hope Rahm has some dirty Chicago Democratic machine tricks up his sleeve! Tongue
gf20202
« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2016, 04:09:40 PM »

This is honestly a bit shocking, dunno if authentic, but Hispanic vote is actually higher in overall % state wise compared to Black vote in Illinois.

If this is authentic - this guy is credible, it is good news for Sanders & definitely means Sanders has a good chance to win!

I agree that would obviously be great for Sanders if true. I can't believe that Shuster is the only one who has those numbers. Feel like they would be all over my twitter timeline if true.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2016, 04:10:04 PM »

There's no way he's winning Hispanics by that much, that would be insane.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2016, 04:13:00 PM »

Well I found this tweet mentioned on AAD:

Steven Dennis ‏@StevenTDennis
Democrat in Ohio tells @cspan he & 172 other Ds in his county voting for Trump today to divide GOP.
Will vote Hillary/Bernie in November.

Ugh, this is sickening. Now we know why Trump is dominating open primaries. Will be funny to see how those people react if Trump defeats Clinton in November, though LOL.

I have been pleading with people not to do this. Never underestimate the fascists: they are far more dangerous than anybody else.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2016, 04:13:25 PM »

Should be within the next 15 minutes, before the bottom of the hour, I'd think.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2016, 04:15:35 PM »

Voting for Sanders will elect Trump. Do your duty.

THIS kind of divisive rhetoric is exactly what will help Trump. And it only makes people less likely to support Clinton.

It is not rhetoric. It is a statement of fact.

Well, is Hillary any better than TRUMP...

Probably, not from the standpoint of true Sanders supporters. Which is exactly why I heartily dislike them.

Your assumptions are not facts until proven so. Fine, say what you like about people who happen to disagree with you in this case. Clinton won't beat Trump without Sanders supporters, and that is a fact. Lumping all of us together isn't going to hel your cause.

It is true that Clinton will need Sanders supporters. However, those Sanders supporters who would even consider voting for Trump I want to go that way: this way I can collect all my hatreds in the same party.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #96 on: March 15, 2016, 04:15:40 PM »

Early exits:

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/live-blog-exit-polls-tuesday-s-big-five-primaries-n538891

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2016, 04:18:56 PM »

Dad voted for Sanders in Missouri, don't know yet about his wife.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #98 on: March 15, 2016, 04:22:30 PM »

Guys, the exit polls don't take into account absentee ballots & a lot of other stuff.

A 5-6% lead could well be a loss. I think only way to say is if someone wins big in the poll, he is sure to win or if someone wins big in 1 demographic, you can predict how the race would turn out to be!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #99 on: March 15, 2016, 04:23:51 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 33  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies