Democratic Ides of March Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:36:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic Ides of March Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 33
Author Topic: Democratic Ides of March Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET)  (Read 45212 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2016, 02:05:36 PM »

It wouldn't surprise me if that was true in some of the Appalachian counties.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2016, 02:05:56 PM »

Either ways a low turnout shouldn't help Sanders & I reckon he had a decent chance of convincing these undecided people.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2016, 02:06:54 PM »

Well I found this tweet mentioned on AAD:

Steven Dennis ‏@StevenTDennis
Democrat in Ohio tells @cspan he & 172 other Ds in his county voting for Trump today to divide GOP.
Will vote Hillary/Bernie in November.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2016, 02:07:09 PM »

Big turnout in Orland Park (Black area in Chicago), IL, which is good for Clinton.

Orland Park, IL is 93% white and is in the Chicago Southland which is relatively blue collar. This could actually be one of Sanders best areas in Cook County.

It's also the type of area that could go big for Trump.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2016, 02:08:50 PM »

I'm scared.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2016, 02:09:23 PM »

Big turnout in Orland Park (Black area in Chicago), IL, which is good for Clinton.

Orland Park, IL is 93% white and is in the Chicago Southland which is relatively blue collar. This could actually be one of Sanders best areas in Cook County.

It's also the type of area that could go big for Trump.

Very true, I imagine Trump and Sanders are both going to do really well in CD-3.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2016, 02:14:17 PM »

NC being NC - With stupid voter laws & ID's & so many provisional votes being cast by students. Possibly being loss for Sanders - This non-sense was not there last time in 08, GOP Governors!

And Bill Clinton being Bill Clinton - Violating 50m rule in & around Chicago - I think he did the same in NH or somewhere else
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2016, 02:16:04 PM »

NC being NC - With stupid voter laws & ID's & so many provisional votes being cast by students. Possibly being loss for Sanders - This non-sense was not there last time in 08, GOP Governors!

And Bill Clinton being Bill Clinton - Violating 50m rule in & around Chicago - I think he did the same in NH or somewhere else

He did the same in MA, Hillary is doing events at polling places in NC too.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2016, 02:18:13 PM »

Democrat in Ohio tells @cspan he & 172 other Ds in his county voting for Trump today to divide GOP.

Ugh, this is sickening. Now we know why Trump is dominating open primaries. Will be funny to see how those people react if Trump defeats Clinton in November, though LOL.

Well, that's one type of Dem crossover voter. There's also the Dixiecrats that genuinely support Trump.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2016, 02:20:08 PM »

Was there some kind of delusion that His and Her Highness have any respect for the democratic process? 
elcorazon

« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2016, 02:20:55 PM »

I'm heading to vote with my whole family at 2:00 pm.

I'm honest to goodness torn between Clinton and Sanders. I had been an ardent Clinton supporter because I think she has the gravitas and fortitude to win in the general. However, in recent weeks, I've discovered how much I really like Sanders' policies.

Then again, Sanders said in an interview, that he ran as a Democrat for media coverage. I'm a Democrat through and through. I want to vote for one.

Then again, I really did not like Clinton's answer on the death penalty at the last town hall and the money from big corporations does make me wonder.

However, I do think her college plan is much more realistic than Sanders. Sanders likely won't get any of the things he is promising done.

Also, Hillary is a little younger, and that makes a full 8 years more likely and I admire that she had a solid stance on healthcare as far back as the 90's.

But, if we look at someone's past. Sanders was a civil rights protester and Clinton was a Goldwater girl in her teens.

This is the first time I have ever been in the so-called "undecided" category. Even in a primary, I've always known who I wanted. I voted for Clinton last time in the primaries after attending stump speeches from both. But now, I don't know.

Hmm... this was a long and pointless stream of consciousness rant. Sorry about that!
How did it go? I agree with most of this. Don't like Hillary's death penalty stance at all! I voted Hillary. She's more experienced, more realistic, has more ability to get things done, and she works within the system, which is why she's perceived as being a bit all over the map, too conservative at times, changing positions to suit current politics - all usually considered bad things, but it's not necessarily. Being a legislator representing a state or a constituency requires compromise, as does passing legislation. Also she generates money for the party helping other candidates get elected which Bernie does none of. A Sanders presidency with a Republican Congress and tons of Republican governors is not necessarily going to produce a great deal of positive government.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2016, 02:23:39 PM »

Ugh, this is sickening. Now we know why Trump is dominating open primaries. Will be funny to see how those people react if Trump defeats Clinton in November, though LOL.

Operation Chaos in 2008 didn't work out so well for the Pubs.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2016, 02:25:01 PM »

Was there some kind of delusion that His and Her Highness have any respect for the democratic process? 

It's ridiculous how these people abuse everything, some voters posted in the Sanders forum that Bill was calling bernie the "blame candidate" n stuff!

Anyways Google this - Heard Secret service too hates Hillary, they say she is horrible & rude once the camera goes off the air - Total phony!

She hates the GOP according to her, she can't get along with 1 Single Republican to get stuff done, now the SS too, lol!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2016, 02:26:10 PM »

God, I really hope these are Hillary people that are voting for Trump.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2016, 02:29:32 PM »

Is it really too much to ask that people just vote for the candidates they like the most?
psychprofessor

« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2016, 02:31:04 PM »

I have a feeling that whites in Cuyahoga are much more likely than blacks to cross over and vote for Trump.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2016, 02:32:59 PM »

Is it really too much to ask that people just vote for the candidates they like the most?

Agreed, Don't like low-ball stuff - Play fair, win & lose fair. This is not the way you win or lose - And stupid of those guys to vote that way - GOP tried to downplay Clinton & hype Obama thinking he was weaker - Look what happened to them!
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2016, 02:33:05 PM »

Sanders' voters got that ENTHUSIASM, folks.  I can't think of a single Sanders voter that would cross over to The Dark Side.  Hell, they have no interest in voting for The Harpy, much less the Ramblin' Racist.  Expect this bit of strategery to be costing Hillary dearly.  

SEXY NEWS!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2016, 02:35:50 PM »
« Edited: March 15, 2016, 02:37:22 PM by IceSpear »

I don't think registered members of the other party should be able to participate in the other's primary. It's just asking for trouble. Imagine if Trump ran in 2012 when Obama was unopposed in the Dem primary. The level of shenanigans would be immense.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2016, 02:40:08 PM »

I'm heading to vote with my whole family at 2:00 pm.

I'm honest to goodness torn between Clinton and Sanders. I had been an ardent Clinton supporter because I think she has the gravitas and fortitude to win in the general. However, in recent weeks, I've discovered how much I really like Sanders' policies.

Then again, Sanders said in an interview, that he ran as a Democrat for media coverage. I'm a Democrat through and through. I want to vote for one.

Then again, I really did not like Clinton's answer on the death penalty at the last town hall and the money from big corporations does make me wonder.

However, I do think her college plan is much more realistic than Sanders. Sanders likely won't get any of the things he is promising done.

Also, Hillary is a little younger, and that makes a full 8 years more likely and I admire that she had a solid stance on healthcare as far back as the 90's.

But, if we look at someone's past. Sanders was a civil rights protester and Clinton was a Goldwater girl in her teens.

This is the first time I have ever been in the so-called "undecided" category. Even in a primary, I've always known who I wanted. I voted for Clinton last time in the primaries after attending stump speeches from both. But now, I don't know.

Hmm... this was a long and pointless stream of consciousness rant. Sorry about that!
How did it go? I agree with most of this. Don't like Hillary's death penalty stance at all! I voted Hillary. She's more experienced, more realistic, has more ability to get things done, and she works within the system, which is why she's perceived as being a bit all over the map, too conservative at times, changing positions to suit current politics - all usually considered bad things, but it's not necessarily. Being a legislator representing a state or a constituency requires compromise, as does passing legislation. Also she generates money for the party helping other candidates get elected which Bernie does none of. A Sanders presidency with a Republican Congress and tons of Republican governors is not necessarily going to produce a great deal of positive government.

I love how Hillary can just shriek anything she wants and people will believe it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/adam-hanft/the-curious-myth-of-hilla_b_87613.html

Her best accomplishments were achieved on the coattails of Barack and while basking in the glorious light of his justice.  
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2016, 02:44:10 PM »

Well, that's one type of Dem crossover voter. There's also the Dixiecrats that genuinely support Trump.

Yeah. I wonder why Republicans voting in the Democratic primaries are supporting Bernie, though? Operation Chaos as well or do many of them just really like his ideas and persona?

The numbers suggest the latter.  I, for one, welcome the masses of dejected anti-establishment Pubbies to our revolution, but I don't one to hear one peep out of them when General Secretary Sanders sends 'em off to be enlightened at the reeducation camps.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2016, 02:47:24 PM »

McHenry County, Illinois will apparently be open until 8:30 due to technical issues this morning.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2016, 02:50:15 PM »

Operation Chaos in 2008 didn't work out so well for the Pubs.

Yeah, this seems like a bad idea
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2016, 02:57:49 PM »

God, I really hope these are Hillary people that are voting for Trump.

I think you're in for a pleasant surprise, tonight, ol' chap.  There's a big difference between;

"Hillary, I guess?

and...

Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2016, 03:17:29 PM »

Voting for Sanders will elect Trump. Do your duty.

THIS kind of divisive rhetoric is exactly what will help Trump. And it only makes people less likely to support Clinton.

It is not rhetoric. It is a statement of fact.

Well, is Hillary any better than TRUMP...

Probably, not from the standpoint of true Sanders supporters. Which is exactly why I heartily dislike them.

Your assumptions are not facts until proven so. Fine, say what you like about people who happen to disagree with you in this case. Clinton won't beat Trump without Sanders supporters, and that is a fact. Lumping all of us together isn't going to hel your cause.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 33  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies