Gallup: Biden takes a big hit from Democrats after Israel events (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:55:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Gallup: Biden takes a big hit from Democrats after Israel events (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gallup: Biden takes a big hit from Democrats after Israel events  (Read 2229 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« on: October 27, 2023, 10:17:55 AM »

Anyone who feels more sympathy for mass murdering terrorists than their victims, innocent civilians from a democracy who has been our close ally for decades, should go ahead and leave the party anyway.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2023, 10:33:50 AM »

Anyone who feels more sympathy for mass murdering terrorists than their victims, innocent civilians from a democracy who has been our close ally for decades, should go ahead and leave the party anyway.

Hot take :

American Academia is more skeptical towards Israel  because they are stuck in a Cold War mentality, where Israel is seen as a puppet regime of the United States, and imperialism is bad.

No it’s cause they view the entire world through the narrow oppressor vs oppressed minority lense which is completely absurd but because of that back Palestine .

Even though that lens, I'd say it was pretty oppressive for Hamas to commit half a 9/11 (or like 20 9/11s per capita) on Israeli civilians a couple weeks ago.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2023, 12:12:37 PM »

What about the innocent Palestinian civilians who have been killed? There are more of them now than Israelis killed on 10/7, if that’s what matters (and I think from a humanitarian perspective it doesn’t *not* matter).

How do we know? The Palestinian authorities have already been caught lying about deaths and responsibility.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2023, 02:26:18 PM »

What about the innocent Palestinian civilians who have been killed? There are more of them now than Israelis killed on 10/7, if that’s what matters (and I think from a humanitarian perspective it doesn’t *not* matter).

How do we know? The Palestinian authorities have already been caught lying about deaths and responsibility.

With all of the bombings, I would seriously doubt that the number of Gaza residents killed is lower than the number of Israelis killed or kidnapped in the first days of the conflict. Take Hamas’s numbers as you will (and I agree in general that they shouldn’t be trusted), it doesn’t pass the smell test that fewer Gazans have been killed since the start.

That being said, I think that it’s passed time for Israel to pull out. They had the moral high ground when they started, but I don’t think that they do anymore. I’m not really sure how to solve the Gaza issue though. Not completely embargoing them probably would’ve reduced tensions, but it’s obviously too late for that now.

I appreciate that Biden and his administration have been working to allow humanitarian aid into Gaza.

Israel could bomb Gaza until every single building is gone and people like Harry would still question if anyone had died.

That's just a ridiculous and foolish thing to say. When have I ever questioned if "anyone" had died? I'm sorry I can't be the made up caricature you want me to be Sad
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2023, 02:35:34 PM »

That’s an oversimplification and a strawman. Most people who are critical of Likud are not pro-Hamas. Hamas is a terrorist organization and Likud are habitual war criminals. Both of these can be, and are, true. The ones deserving sympathy are the civilians being kidnapped and bombed because they were born between demagogical regimes.

I have as much sympathy for innocent Palestinian civilians who have been killed or hurt as a result of this as anyone here. Note that "innocent Palestinian civilians" does not include anyone who is part of Hamas or an active supporter of it.

Remember that I have 20 years of posting history that shows how critical I am of Israeli far right and racist parties that their voters keep electing, so I don't need any educating there. None of that changes that this conflict is entirely the fault of Hamas and its brutal and unprovoked acts of terrorism (literally half a 9/11 on a country that's like 2% our size) and Hamas and its supporters will now have to live with the consequences.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2023, 08:34:36 AM »

^^ As always, I'll point out that there's no reason to believe most of those Tweets are real, sincere posts from actual Americans. Even less reason since Elon wrecked the site.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2023, 11:14:21 AM »

Israel is the Ukraine of this conflict and Hamas is the Russia. None of those 4 parties would disagree with that statement, so why should random people on the Internet?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2023, 11:34:00 AM »

Israel is the Ukraine of this conflict and Hamas is the Russia. None of those 4 parties would disagree with that statement, so why should random people on the Internet?

They do not line up that neatly, and there are parallels between Ukraine and Palestine. Ukraine vs. Russia is about the most obvious example of a good vs. evil war we've had in a long time. Meanwhile the Israeli government and Hamas have both done terrible things. It's nowhere near that simple.

The governments and people of Russia, Ukraine, Israel, and Palestine overwhelmingly agree with me and disagree with you, so I'll believe them.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies