Do you watch, follow, and/or play any sports? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 02:10:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Do you watch, follow, and/or play any sports? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: 1. Well? 2. Also, do you cheer/shout at the TV during games?
1. Yes, I watch and/or play sports often

1. Yes, I watch and/or play sports sometimes

1. No, I do not watch and/or play sports

2. Yes

2. No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Do you watch, follow, and/or play any sports?  (Read 1103 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« on: May 30, 2017, 09:48:59 AM »

Yes, I love sports.  Watching sports and having a favorite team that you "live or die" with is an incredibly fun and fulfilling hobby, and playing sports was one of the best experiences of my life.  Not trying to be corny, but the experiences and lessons learned that I had with teamwork through organized sports have legitimately helped me in life so far.  As for specifics, I played soccer, baseball and basketball growing up, but I only played soccer and baseball competitively (club/traveling sports).  I quit basketball after my eigthth grade year, in which I played for our junior high's B-team (which was really the C-team, as there was an "A-reserve" team, too, LOL).  I quit soccer during my freshman year of high school, as you really couldn't play both soccer and baseball at my high school, and I realized pretty quickly I would be the starting center fielder for baseball and likely be fighting it out for playing time in soccer; I also really enjoyed baseball more.  As for watching, I'm a very, very avid Chicago Cubs and Illinois Fighting Illini fan, and a less avid Chicago Bears and Chicago Bulls fan.  I also follow Borussia Dortmund, but I get to watch fewer games simply because of logistics.  When international soccer is on, I love watching it and get really into the games when the US is playing.  Once they lose, I pull for Germany and (less often) Sweden because muh ancestry.

To recap, sports are awesome, and I'd say I stray from nerd orthodoxy (not that I'd describe myself as a nerd, really) by caring WAY more about sports than politics.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies