Did you know that Eisenhower was a master assasin of foreign leaders? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:07:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Did you know that Eisenhower was a master assasin of foreign leaders? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Did you know that Eisenhower was a master assasin of foreign leaders?  (Read 740 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: September 22, 2022, 11:55:29 AM »

I assumed this was just part of the job of running The Great Hegemony, pretty much set in stone since The Monroe Doctrine. Especially in Ye Colde War Days.

So much so that in the mid-70s backlash against the security state, Ford signed a moratorium on assassinations!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2022, 01:16:14 AM »

I assumed this was just part of the job of running The Great Hegemony, pretty much set in stone since The Monroe Doctrine. Especially in Ye Colde War Days.

So much so that in the mid-70s backlash against the security state, Ford signed a moratorium on assassinations!

A bunch of al-Qaeda and ISIS leaders along with Qassim Suleimani are all going “what the hell man?!” from beyond the grave.

Odd or not, it actually was a hurdle the early George W. Bush administration had to grapple with. IIRC, the eventual result was the legal innovation of "targeted killings". That said, I wanna say "assassinations" applied legally to heads of state, etc. and not necessarily terrorist leaders.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies