Although Hitler absolutely did not flee to Argentina, could he have done so if he had wanted to?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 12:10:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Although Hitler absolutely did not flee to Argentina, could he have done so if he had wanted to?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes (D)

No (D)

Yes (R)

No (R)

Yes (I/O)

Yes (I/O)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 13

Author Topic: Although Hitler absolutely did not flee to Argentina, could he have done so if he had wanted to?  (Read 830 times)
Mr. Ukucasha
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 24, 2022, 10:02:26 PM »
« edited: September 24, 2022, 11:46:42 PM by Mr. Ukucasha »

There is absolutely no way conspiracy theories about Hitler fleeing to Argentina or whatever are true. There is an enormous amount of evidence to support the story of Hitler committing suicide on 4/30/1945 as the Soviets were heading towards Berlin. Teeth found at the bunker perfectly match Hitler's dental records, among other things. Nevertheless, many claim that even if he wanted to, Hitler could never escape to South America and live out the rest of his life undetected like many of his colleagues did. But is this true? While I initially believed this as well, the more research I've done on this, the more apparent it appears to me that Hitler could have easily fled to South America if he so desired.

Throughout Third Reich territory, there were literally massive tunnel networks constructed for the purpose of allowing Nazis to escape in the event of a defeat. Several countries in South America and the Middle East were eager to assist Nazis in escaping justice by utilizing extensive "ratlines" networks. There was a great deal of assistance provided by organizations such as Oddessa and many members of the Catholic Church in helping Nazis escape.

Furthermore, the so-called "Nazi Hunting" of the Allies was an absolute joke. They didn't even try to bring many Nazi War Criminals to justice. In fact, they were all too eager to use their talents instead (Operation Paperclip). Many Nazi War Criminals did not even try to conceal their identities, and several Allied governments received information regarding their whereabouts, but did nothing with it.

An example of this is Adolf Eichmann, one of the top men in Nazi Germany. Eichmann didn't even try to conceal his identity. Apart from changing his name to "Ricardo Klement," he did nothing to conceal his identity after fleeing to Argentina. He did not change his appearance whatsoever, all of his family members kept the surname "Eichmann," he literally flew from Argentina to Germany and back several times in the 1950's to meet with old friends and family (and the German authorities did not even give a sh**t), and his son would even casually brag to others about how his father is the Adolf Eichmann who heroically slaughtered Jews during WW2. And although he made no effort whatsoever to conceal his identity, it took 20 years for him to be brought to justice.

Josef Mengele was also one of the most nefarious players in Nazi Germany, did not make efforts to conceal his identity, and was still never found in his lifetime. His fate was only revealed after his death.

If these men could evade justice without even trying to conceal their identities, why couldn't Hitler have done the same if he had actually tried to conceal his identity? He literally had body doubles who looked very similar to him. In order to prove that "Hitler killed himself", the Nazis could have sent the Soviets the dead body of his body double, while the actual Hitler fled to Argentina. It would be impossible to determine his identity if he had just shaved his mustache off. Have you seen Hitler without a mustache? No one would ever be able to recognize him walking down the street because he looks completely unrecognizable. He looks like a completely different person. To be on the safe side, he may have taken more drastic measures to alter his appearance, such as shaving his head bald or dying his hair. There is no doubt that Hitler had the resources and connections necessary to obtain fake identification documents.

buritobr
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2022, 11:33:31 PM »

According to the poll, 94% don't believe in this conspiracy theory
https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=441180.0

Maybe he could if he tried to escape from Berlin earlier, before the soviet attack on April 16th.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2022, 11:39:23 PM »

Furthermore, the so-called "Nazi Hunting" of the Allies was an absolute joke. They didn't even try to bring many Nazi War Criminals to justice. In fact, they were all too eager to use their talents instead (Operation Paperclip). Many Nazi War Criminals did not even try to conceal their identities, and several Allied governments received information regarding their whereabouts, but did nothing with it.

I mean sure we were hunting for scientists. And it helped that they were more interested in surrendering to the western allies.

Funny enough some anti-Nazis went into hiding too. Juan Pujol García faked his own death and moved to Venezuela before only coming out of hiding and being recognized as a hero in 1984. However, what he did was so crazy that faking his own death seems rather banal for him.
Mr. Ukucasha
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2022, 01:13:49 AM »
« Edited: September 25, 2022, 01:17:19 AM by Mr. Ukucasha »

According to the poll, 94% don't believe in this conspiracy theory
https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=441180.0

Maybe he could if he tried to escape from Berlin earlier, before the soviet attack on April 16th.

I also forgot to mention Hans Baur was Hitler’s personal pilot and had a plane on standby to fly him out (of course, he rejected Baur's offer and opted to kill himself instead). Another Nazi  pilot who could have flown Hitler out of Germany was Hanna Reitsch flew into Berlin on April 26 and back out again on April 29, proving that it was absolutely possible for aircraft to fly in and out of Berlin during that time. Of course, Reitsch was later captured by the Americans, and Baur, who stayed in the bunker until after Hitler killed himself, was captured by the Soviets.

But Hitler literally had pilots with aircrafts that flew in and out of Berlin safely during the invasion just waiting for him if he wanted to escape, and yet people think it would've been impossible for Hitler to escape if he wanted to. Hitler didn't want to escape, but it seems clear that he could've easily done so if he wanted to.

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2022, 10:39:13 AM »

It really depends on the timing, I think. He certainly would have had a chance to flee at some point prior to the Soviets and allies tightly encircling Berlin. When Hitler already had to permanently go into the bunker, it was probably too late and any escape attempt would have been extremely risky.

So early in 1945, around January and February, I assume it would have been possible. Going into April 1945, that door had effectively been closed.

The question that remains is how long he could have escaped from everything. Pratically everyone would have hunted him, especially the allied powers. If he didn't die early, he would have been captured at some point. After all, even Israel got Adolf Eichmann in 1960.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2022, 12:49:49 PM »

It really depends on the timing, I think. He certainly would have had a chance to flee at some point prior to the Soviets and allies tightly encircling Berlin. When Hitler already had to permanently go into the bunker, it was probably too late and any escape attempt would have been extremely risky.

So early in 1945, around January and February, I assume it would have been possible. Going into April 1945, that door had effectively been closed.

The question that remains is how long he could have escaped from everything. Pratically everyone would have hunted him, especially the allied powers. If he didn't die early, he would have been captured at some point. After all, even Israel got Adolf Eichmann in 1960.

Also Hitler would be way way easier to find given how he was the face of Nazism and it would be very difficult for him to hide due to that.

Many of the other Nazis who had escaped were no where near as well known so I don't even think he could hide anywhere near as long as Eichmann did for example.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2022, 01:41:39 PM »

Also Hitler would be way way easier to find given how he was the face of Nazism and it would be very difficult for him to hide due to that.

Many of the other Nazis who had escaped were no where near as well known so I don't even think he could hide anywhere near as long as Eichmann did for example.

Agreed. I think he could have escaped in early 1945, though I doubt he would have been able to hide for more than a year or so. Even though he would obviously have changed looks then.

Interesting to note here though is that the myth he escaped was deliberately created by Stalin. He told Truman at the Potsdam Conference that he believed Hitler escaped, although Soviet troops found his burn remains in the "garden" of the Führerbunker. They were kept at a Soviet military base before the ashes were finally put into the Eibe River in 1970. However, parts of his denture remains in an archive in Moscow.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2022, 11:51:12 PM »
« Edited: September 26, 2022, 11:55:09 PM by Official Penguin Books Account »

It's a genuinely interesting question, but I imagine the survival of Hitler dramatically alters the post-war moral brinksmanship of the Soviets and Americans regarding the treatment of the Germans, up to and including "Nazi hunting." Hitler surviving and the potential decisions he could have therefore made re: surrender and post-war treatment could have dramatically altered pretty much every factor in this hypothetical.

I don't think pure "escape" was an option, though; the idea that he could have just evaded detection is fairly ludicrous.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies