🇩🇪 German elections (federal & EU level) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 03:47:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  🇩🇪 German elections (federal & EU level) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 🇩🇪 German elections (federal & EU level)  (Read 217811 times)
xelas81
Rookie
Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)

« on: August 06, 2019, 10:12:49 PM »

As I've said earlier, AKK is an abhorrent pick for defense. She has zero credentials in defense policy and now she is all of a sudden supposed fix the mess Fliten Uschi has left and got rewarded for with the presidency of the European commission? While at the same time effectively running the CDU (into the ground)? Give me a break. Maybe we should hire actual high ranking personell out of the military instead of political hacks? The same at commerce, I'd like to have someone with business experience there while a union leader at the labor ministry. And then all these political masterminds wonder why their poling numbers are so low? Maybe they should waste the millions of dollars on consultants telling them this instead of what kind of furniture military bases need?

There are also some memes making the rounds on the social media platforms about Merkel's personnel choice for defense minister:

Aren't cabinet positions in parliamentary systems chosen based on relative standing of the MP within the governing party/coalition than their fit to the position? So AKK's background shouldn't matter.

Some of the memes seems to have bit sexist tone because it seems to imply that a man should be in charge of  "manly" ministries like defense and women should in charge of "feminine" ministries like education.
xelas81
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 09:17:20 PM »

Did the AfD do well in Berlin or any cities?

You can find this answer by using Google, no offense, but I highly urge you to lose Google and learn about some of these countries before posting here, to put it charitably, your knowledge of foreign politics is very lacking.
Even more, there is very useful series of maps on last page.
xelas81
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2023, 05:59:13 PM »
« Edited: October 23, 2023, 06:04:39 PM by xelas81 »

Will new Wagenknecht party will be cordon sanitaired by mainstream parties (CDU, FDP, SPD Greens)?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies