On the Record: NJ (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 05:42:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  On the Record: NJ (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will win the NJ Senate Race?
Tom Kean Jr.
Bob Menendez
Other (meaning Dem switch-a-roo)
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: On the Record: NJ  (Read 8189 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« on: September 09, 2006, 10:57:17 PM »

Menendez will win  52-47-1
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 05:02:59 PM »

Conan, you are a pretty entertaining guy. I never knew blatant hackishm could be so fun to watch.

Conan and Smash are as much hackish as they are delusional, there is no way if Menendez wins he wins by a bigger margin than Corzine.

1.  I never stated that Mendez would win by a larger margin than Corzine.  In fact I moved the race to tossup in my lateast senate map, though I think Menendez will still win by about 5 points.

Your a little kid and their are things you don't seem to grasp

NJ isn't going to go Republican just because you want it to...

Its a strong Democratic state, that absolutley despises Bush.  Menendez has his problems no question about it, but the fact the political makeup of the state is what it is, and the fact their is a strong anti Bush climate in the state makes it real hard for the GOP to pick up the seat.  When is the last time the President's party picked up a Senate Seat in a state where that President had approvals hovering around 30% in?Huh
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 01:10:39 AM »

Conan, you are a pretty entertaining guy. I never knew blatant hackishm could be so fun to watch.

Conan and Smash are as much hackish as they are delusional, there is no way if Menendez wins he wins by a bigger margin than Corzine.

1.  I never stated that Mendez would win by a larger margin than Corzine.  In fact I moved the race to tossup in my lateast senate map, though I think Menendez will still win by about 5 points.

Your a little kid and their are things you don't seem to grasp

NJ isn't going to go Republican just because you want it to...

Its a strong Democratic state, that absolutley despises Bush.  Menendez has his problems no question about it, but the fact the political makeup of the state is what it is, and the fact their is a strong anti Bush climate in the state makes it real hard for the GOP to pick up the seat.  When is the last time the President's party picked up a Senate Seat in a state where that President had approvals hovering around 30% in?Huh

Maybe you'll get it when you get your head out of the sand and realize the race has nothing to do w/Bush

You have to get your head out of the sand and realize that the voters of the state aren't as dumb as you think they are.  They know electing a Republican = more power for Bush.  And the Dems will make sure they remind the voters about this time and time againn.  Bottom line their is a reason an unpopular President's party doesn't do well in midterms when that President isn't liked, and that is going to ring very true again this year, especially in a Democratic state like New Jersey where his numbers are even more pathetic than his already pathetic National numbers.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 12:58:39 AM »

Again, one thing that is going to make this tough for Kean Jr is Bush.  With Bush's #'s as poor as they are in NJ, Kean is going to need to pick up about 33-36% of the vote in the anti-Bush crowd.  That is simply not going to be an easy thing to do.  If the state was less Democratic, and Bush was more popular in the state I would say this seat is Kean's.  But its just going to be real tough for him to pick up that large % of the vote of the people who don't like the President.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies