IL-Sen. 2016 Thread: Duckworth nearly triples Kirk Q2 fundraising (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:06:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IL-Sen. 2016 Thread: Duckworth nearly triples Kirk Q2 fundraising (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IL-Sen. 2016 Thread: Duckworth nearly triples Kirk Q2 fundraising  (Read 56702 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« on: March 29, 2015, 11:20:29 AM »

The thing is Chafee, Brown etc. were all well-known incumbents. Kirk is a nobody, who really needs to start getting his name known enough to actually grab a large chunk of moderate Clinton voters or else he will be buried by the Chicago machine.

His strategy for survival will be the opposite of, say, Ron Johnson; who will try and run with the GOP candidate and is less reliant on crossover votes.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 03:46:05 PM »

Kirks strength is his crossover appeal. His loyalty from the base will have to be fortified by this crossover appeal in Chicago, which will clearly be Tammy's big government safe haven

... He will have to be y'know well-known to have any crossover appeal. Otherwise he's just another generic r.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 02:49:53 AM »

Moderate is not a static term. Kirk has cast some votes that really are not in line with his state, which is not really being moderate. Duckworth is a better fit for the state and that is what really counts.

Duckworth allegedly violated the state's ethics act. Is breaking the law part of being a good fit for Illinois?

I get you don't like Kirk. That's fine. But the Democrat who is ethical is Andrea Zopp, not Duckworth.

Yes
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 03:42:39 AM »

I wonder how long before donors start cutting him loose? Maybe he's trying to break a record?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 02:20:23 PM »

Prediction: Kirk will be triaged, and surprisingly early.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 06:20:31 PM »

She can talk the talk, but can she walk the walk?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2016, 08:10:01 PM »

Human Rights Campaign Endorses Kirk

I am literally speechless. I guess Bernie was right about the HRC.

They need a token Republican, like how the Tea Party endorsed Walt Minnick (D-ID) in 2010.

Two of them apparently - article notes they endorsed Dold as well.

Duckworth and Schneider may have just lost the election. Nice!

If Trump or Cruz is on the ballot, they'll both get Blanched, regardless of HRC endorsement.

I just noticed Human Rights Campaign and Hillary Rodham Clinton have the same initials.

Pls change thread title to: HRC endorses Kirk
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies