Do you think most Republican voters are old racist white men? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 12:16:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Do you think most Republican voters are old racist white men? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you think most Republican voters are old racist white men?
yes (I'm liberal)

no (I'm liberal)

yes (I'm not liberal)

no (I'm not liberal)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 61

Author Topic: Do you think most Republican voters are old racist white men?  (Read 3947 times)
Spanish Moss
United States

« on: September 21, 2012, 08:40:03 PM »

No - "most" means a majority, which I don't believe is the case.  But I would rephrase it this way:

I believe a disproportionately high number of white Republican men and women are racist, though are still not the majority.

This being only based on personal observation - and I live in one of the most liberal states in the country.
Spanish Moss
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 08:43:57 PM »

Interestingly bizarre, I wouldn't have guessed.

Although, and it doesn't relate to that article but the general premise, "anti-Semitic" is thrown around way too loosely.  I am very strongly opposed to Zionism and believe in a one state solution - a free and democratic Palestine for all peoples.  It's the right wing Israeli lobby that's uber-Zionist that tries to make people like me appear anti-Semitic, and I've been accused of it for this stance - while I am not by any means.  In fact, part of the reason I'm so avidly against Zionism is, from my standpoint, it has been very destructive for the Jewish people.  But Likkud and their cronies in Washington would have you believe otherwise.  Drives me nuts.
Spanish Moss
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 09:51:46 PM »

Interestingly bizarre, I wouldn't have guessed.

Although, and it doesn't relate to that article but the general premise, "anti-Semitic" is thrown around way too loosely.  I am very strongly opposed to Zionism and believe in a one state solution - a free and democratic Palestine for all peoples.  It's the right wing Israeli lobby that's uber-Zionist that tries to make people like me appear anti-Semitic, and I've been accused of it for this stance - while I am not by any means.  In fact, part of the reason I'm so avidly against Zionism is, from my standpoint, it has been very destructive for the Jewish people.  But Likkud and their cronies in Washington would have you believe otherwise.  Drives me nuts.

That guy won't respond to you, just as an FYI. Got banned for calling the Dems Nazis one too many times.

It always irks me when people call political groups/figures Nazis.  As much as I disagree with certain people, that's a bit past the line for me, considering the whole mass genocide.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies