What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:13:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Gameplay-PAUSED)  (Read 18534 times)
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« on: December 12, 2022, 09:48:57 PM »

Ahead of Likely Presidential Announcement, Jared Polis Pens Book, “Out West” and Goes on Tour

Release book “Out West,” a memoir about Polis’s political career and how it was shaped by the American West

Some excerpts:

“The American West has led on suffrage, marijuana legalization, and protecting liberty. Colorado is continuing this trend today by expanding primary education, fighting climate change through clean energy, and reducing healthcare costs.”

“Income inequality today is worse than the Gilded Age but we can fix this problem. My companies had shared ownership with employees, ensuring everyone had a seat at the table and some stake in the game. Alongside paid leave, fair wages, and equal pay, you start getting a fairer system that allows for workers to realize their full potential.”

“Medicare for All is still the best way to get to universal healthcare coverage. I don’t believe in banning choices, but instead offering better coverage for cheaper will lead more people to choose Medicare over private insurance.”

“How the hell do we not have universal pre-k and childcare? This is an area where Democrats and Republicans have failed Americans. Working families need help here, we could pull people out of poverty and make sure that no parent needs to go broke to give their kid a leg up.”

The tour kicks off in Denver and includes stops in every early state, with Vegas, Reno, Detroit, Charleston, Nashua, Manchester, and Atlanta all hosting events. Polis hopes to carve out an early lane in the primary as a pragmatic problem solver. The tour makes a splash for being entirely carbon neutral, following Polis’s commitment to sustainability.

Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2022, 12:20:40 PM »

Jared Polis Announces Presidential Run in March Rally in Denver

“America is recovering. We have passed legislation protecting LGBTQ couples, we have passed the biggest investment in climate change ever, and we’ve worked to get the economy working. However we still have so much to be done. Gun violence is feeding our crime rates, we still don’t have a solid plan for carbon neutrality and fighting climate change, and income inequality is greater now than in the Gilded Age. We’ve got some work to do.

As Governor of Colorado, I have worked to transition the state to carbon neutrality by 2040. I have worked to ensure reproductive rights are safe. And I have worked to keep fracking away from kids and families while the state transitions to green energy. There’s no reason we can’t do this nationally.

America needs a vision for the future. We don’t need leaders who divide us, who are more interested in partisan points than results. I’m here today to announce I’m running to be that leader.

I am running for the Democratic nomination for President. I know I have that vision that Americans are hungry for. One that does not allow the Republicans to monopolize the idea of liberty, one that is driven by solutions, and one that has the executive experience to get it done.”
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2022, 03:54:26 PM »

Jared Polis Campaign in March & April:

Jared Polis’s campaign believes it has the best shot in Nevada and New Hampshire, and as such spent much time building relationships with local leaders there. Polis participated in a splashy “brewery tour” of New Hampshire and Michigan, focusing on winning over the same type of votes that launched him to victory twice in Colorado.

After the brewery tour, Polis heads to Nevada where he meets with the Culinary Union members to discuss labor protections. He completes a work day with union members.

Finally in South Carolina, Polis visits universities in the state. Polis believes his plan for free college will win over younger voters. He also believes his pragmatic progressivism will resonate with the professors and administrators in the universities.

Back home in Colorado, Polis introduces a statewide assault weapons ban, with exceptions for antique collector’s items.

“Our state has time and time again been victimized by gun violence, as part of my plan to help get crime under control, I am introducing a bill to ban assault weapons. These are weapons of war, not hunting rifles, not tools of self defense. I call on the state house and senate to work with me to keep Coloradans safe.”

Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2022, 11:48:43 AM »

The Endorsement Game

In the early days, Polis focuses on shoring up Colorado. He views a split state as a sign of weakness. He pitches Senators Bennet and Hickenlooper on his pragmatism and electability. He also courts his successor in the House, Joe Neguse by highlighting his climate change and voting rights positions. Polis believes he can shore up the entire delegation, setting him up to be able to shift focus to New Hampshire and Nevada in the spring.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2022, 01:02:07 PM »

Jared Polis Campaign Strategy

Polis expands his campaign strategy in the spring, focusing on two groups college educated voters who turnout higher in primaries and Latino voters who are considered lower propensity. His plan is to engage with college educated voters on his plan for profit sharing, making college debt free, and his liberal social policies. As for Latino voters he plans to focus on the economy and education, focusing on raising the minimum wage, reducing income inequality, and paid leave. This happens alongside opening campaign offices in Nevada and New Hampshire, early states viewed as crucial to Polis’s success. Polis focuses on endorsements in the Midwest, particularly Amy Klobuchar and Minnesota’s congressional delegation. Minnesota is an early state and Polis thinks his practical progressivism will play well there. He also meets with early state Senators Catherine Cortez Masto and Maggie Hassan, not expecting to win them this early but to start building relationships in the states.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2022, 01:06:13 PM »

Polis Speaks at Townhall in Detroit

“Look I am concerned about our front runners this year. Neither one has any experience winning a purple state, neither one is without scandals like a bad record on marijuana or a housing policy described as a “Gentrification Agenda.” This is bad folks. This is how we lose what should be a slam dunk. The GOP has a field of far right election deniers and we’re risking it by ceding the primary before it’s over. I know what it’s like to win a purple state, twice. And I can do it again.”

He proceeded to talk about strengthening unions through the Labor Commission, extending Joe Biden’s policy there. He also spoke about an automation tax to ensure American jobs are protected from the trend of automating jobs.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2022, 11:04:19 AM »

Endorsements and surrogates

Alongside the relationship building among Senators, Polis turns his attention to Georgia. In Georgia, Polis thinks the Atlanta suburbs could produce a win in the state. He starts by courting Representatives Lucy McBath and Nikema Williams. Both New Democrats, Polis thinks a practical approach is key. He highlights his swing state performance, common sense gun control bills, and support for raising the minimum wage.

Senators Hickenlooper and Bennett are the primary surrogates for Polis. Bennet will lay the groundwork for endorsements by speaking with the rest of Colorado’s delegation, rallying them behind Governor Polis based on his performance in the state. Hickenlooper will campaign in New Hampshire and Michigan on Polis’s behalf, focusing on college educated voters in those states. Joe Neguse will lobby Representatives Nikema Williams and Steven Horsford, attempting to sway them to Polis’s camp based on his climate plan, green campaign, and electability.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies