Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:39:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread  (Read 263029 times)
Astatine

Political Matrix
E: -0.72, S: -5.90

« on: November 13, 2020, 08:41:35 PM »

Anecdotal, but I know a first-time voter from Georgia who is pretty much a centrist having voted for Biden, Ossoff and Warnock. He says doesn't want a Democratic trifecta so he will probably be voting for Perdue and Loeffler in the runoff.

I still try to convince him to to reconsider his support for Loeffler at least with the argument that this would still avoid a Dem trifecta but ensure that Attila's Barbie Girl gets kicked out of Congress. Hope he changes his mind..

Wondering how many Georgians think the way he does.
Astatine

Political Matrix
E: -0.72, S: -5.90

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 07:01:47 AM »

My guess is Perdue has twice thought he won the Senate race, only to later fall short:

1) In Nov when it initially appeared he would get over 50% of the vote

Fell about 14,000 votes short of a surefire Senate majority on Nov. 3rd. 
If Republicans won the 2016 New Hampshire senate race, they would have 51 seats today. That was only a 1017 vote margin to give the Democrats a trifecta that would come 4 years later.
Ah, yes, the good old times when Ayotte graciously conceded after the race was called instead of weeks of lawsuits, fraud allegations and recounts.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies