The Sam Spade Memorial Good Post Gallery (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Sam Spade Memorial Good Post Gallery (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Sam Spade Memorial Good Post Gallery  (Read 91340 times)
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« on: December 14, 2016, 11:39:27 AM »

Banning abortion is doomed to fail...it's like prohibition.

Before Roe vs Wade...there were a million abortions done a year under the table. All banning abortion would do is move it back to those circumstances. And since we all know that no state would be willing to fully enforce jailing women who have abortions, just like with prohibition, then the ban is doomed to fail.

Never understood pro-lifers, their viewpoint on abortion is doomed to fail just like in every other country where abortion is banned

This argument only works if you presume, at least on some level, that there's nothing wrong with abortion. What it essentially boils down to is "Well, people will get abortions anyway, so we may as well help them do it safely." I could just as easily say "Well, people will murder each other anyway, so no since trying to stop them. Better that they do it out in the open where people can get help and defend themselves rather than in some back alley where people are defenseless." If you believe that abortion is murder, neither of these arguments make sense - because murder is a fundamentally wrong action. It's not about making it "rare". It's not about making it "safer". It's about doing everything we can to stop it. If we even save one life as a result of abortion prohibition, it's worth it. Because every human life is precious.

Furthermore, you assume that every woman out there who wants to get an abortion will stop at nothing to get it. That's obviously not true. Even leaving aside the natural inclination of the populace to follow the law out of fear of getting caught, the current situation is one in which women are quite frankly told this by pro-choice organizations, counselors, employers, doctors, and so on: "Well, you want that promotion, don't you? You want that high role in the military, don't you? You want lots of money for yourself, don't you? You don't have enough money for your child, do you? Well, get an abortion. It's legal, so it must be moral!!!!!!!!!". Women are told to not even think about whether it is moral, because it being legal makes it moral (logic that blows up when pro-choice people go on talk shows and tell people to not "legislate morality"), and to not even enter the child into their considerations, just think about themselves, themselves, themselves. With that sort of advice, it's not hard to see why you would resolve to get an abortion. In a world where abortion is illegal, counselors and doctors would never bring it up. A woman would express displeasure at being pregnant and simply be told "it's a fact of life". Abortion would only be promoted in whispered conversations, hardly the yuge-promotion-by-every-medium-possible it gets now. So it follows that abortion would become less common.

Furthermore, the idea of abortion taking place in some side street with no safety procedures is a myth created by the abortion industry. The term "back-alley abortion" actually meant that people would enter a doctor's, nurse's, or midwife's office to get an abortion through a door accessed through the back alley rather than through the front door, to avoid arousing suspicion from any hostile observers. No inherent bad medical practice is meant by the term.

http://afterabortion.org/2011/the-truth-about-back-alley-abortions/

--------------

Finally, I know what you're going to say. "Well, why not pass policies that reduce abortion without making it illegal!", to which my response is "Why is it that democrats only care about making abortion rare when boxed into a corner?". Aside from a few lines on NARAL's website about "supporting reducing the need for abortion", I've seen no evidence that democrats really even care that abortion is rare. The idea of abortion being rare was removed from the democratic platform in 2008. Bill Clinton coined the phrase "Safe, Legal, and Rare", but Hillary simply used "Safe and Legal", a language repeated by democrats across the country, including by NARAL itself at times. The word rare has disappeared. When Hillary defended the pro-choice position in a debate, it was all about "I don't want to make that decision for her". I never heard her describe birth control or sex education as something that could reduce the need for abortions, or even clearly say that reducing the need for abortions is important, then or at any other point in the campaign. Wait, don't tell me why. It's because you believe that what is developing in the womb is not a "human", or at least not a "person". That's where every single argument for abortion derives from, or at least what it needs to survive - the belief that we aren't dealing with a "proper" member of our species, when in fact we are in every respect.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 12:04:58 AM »

No, he hasn't. He's fine. You not liking his views doesn't make him a bad poster.

This is basically the "I put posts in here that I disagree with" thread.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies